The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Roo bar tube diameter

MattG

GG #2987
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:09 PM
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I’m new to the forum and can’t see that this has been asked before so does anyone know the diameter of the tubing used in the front Roo Bar?
I’m looking to mount an UHF aerial and LED light bar to the front Roo Bar and need to find suitable mounting brackets for this specific sized tubing.
Any info would be appreciated.
Cheers,
Matt.

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:39 PM
Reaction score
I’m new to the forum and can’t see that this has been asked before so does anyone know the diameter of the tubing used in the front Roo Bar?
I’m looking to mount an UHF aerial and LED light bar to the front Roo Bar and need to find suitable mounting brackets for this specific sized tubing.
Any info would be appreciated.
Cheers,
Matt.
50mm, Matt - welcome to the forum. Also note that there’s not a lot of clearance between the bar and leading edge of the bonnet, depending on where you’re looking to mount things.

Post in thread 'Bull/Roo Bars unsafe?'
https://www.theineosforum.com/threads/bull-roo-bars-unsafe.12410959/post-1333161316

IMG_2171.jpeg

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I can’t tell you how accurate, but I have been informed elsewhere that it is 50mm and based on that I bought a 50mm bracket

Michael H.

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:39 AM
Reaction score
I can’t tell you how accurate, but I have been informed elsewhere that it is 50mm and based on that I bought a 50mm bracket
50mm would match the rock slider tube diameter.

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
50mm would match the rock slider tube diameter.
I’ve ordered up some of the bull bar brackets below, which might offer another fixing option for steps.
Albeit with a lock bolt drilled and threaded in etc.

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:39 PM
Reaction score
Annoyingly I thought it was painted rather than powder coated and had purchased some tabs to weld on.
Order now in for a couple of brackets.
I wouldn't be upset if it was painted, powder coating is horrible to maintain when its chipped or damaged

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I’ve ordered up some of the bull bar brackets below, which might offer another fixing option for steps.
Albeit with a lock bolt drilled and threaded in etc.

There's some choice there, and cheaper than I thought when the headline price is for a pair!

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
If I get round to making one I’ll galvanise it and then paint it.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So air bag compliant too? Wont get any insurance cover on it.
It is installed on the bumper and I believe it has gone through ADR approval process and it should be air bag compatible. So why will it not be covered on insurance?

EDIT: the dealer has just confirmed the Roo Bar went through the ADR approval process and it is airbag compatible. No insurance company has a reason to object (which does not guarantee they will not try). Comments apply to Australia and only to the INEOS supplied Roo Bar.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom