The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Rivian rt1

Manuel4x4

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
10:16 AM
Reaction score
Good afternoon I do not want to create controversy but I do not know if I am not making a mistake.
The truth is that it is impressive.

https://youtu.be/KGqexebCcUo

I take this opportunity to wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
2:16 PM
Reaction score
As someone who enjoys tinkering/fixing machines and vehicles; I await the age of electric vehicles with much foreboding ?

d1rty

Reservation Holder
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I have an early Cybertruck reservation as well.  But the more I think about it, the less I want one.

I think we're about 10 years too soon on electrics.  Gas is still everywhere.  But as you get out of the cities, charging stations become harder to find.  You end up having to pick your route based on going from one charger to the next - it limits your freedom of travel.  Which is what an adventure truck is all about.  I pretty regularly drive across the continental US in my truck.  I can pick where I go, how I get there, and when (for the most part, petrol tanks aren't bottomless) I stop.  Can't do that in an electric.

Kudos to Rivian, it looks like an amazing vehicle.  But I don't want to be tethered to charging stations.  The did a great job beating Tesla to market, but I do hear the rumor that they've delivered only something like 25 trucks to actual consumers.  Oh, and just about every video of the Rivian offroad event they hosted for media featured a flat 20" tire - the smallest diameter tire available, and part of the "off road" package.

Hard pass.

Local time
7:16 AM
Reaction score
Saw one in Portland, Ore. last weekend. Got all excited to see and the wife would not stop. We were heading to a Timber FC match. Had places to be.

Local time
Reaction score
Great idea, but oh god that front!....
Very marmite.
I think a school kid designed it.
I'm all for change, but lead us into something that looks like this one step at a time, I mean it looks like some sort of offspring between a dyson fan and some sort of cartoon CARS designs.

renli3d

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
The rivian looks to be an amazing vehicle. That's why I hope the msrp of the grenadier is substantially less than the rivian, especially since the EV qualified for the tax credit.  Personally,  I'd rather have the grenadier since I want to tow a caravan but I can see a lot of potential grenadier buyers looking at rivia , tesla, and others if the grenadier prices are too high.

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
2:16 PM
Reaction score
renli3d said:
The rivian looks to be an amazing vehicle. That's why I hope the msrp of the grenadier is substantially less than the rivian, especially since the EV qualified for the tax credit.  Personally,  I'd rather have the grenadier since I want to tow a caravan but I can see a lot of potential grenadier buyers looking at rivia , tesla, and others if the grenadier prices are too high.

Everyone is touting the Tesla as an off-road truck competitor... but I've really not seen much from Tesla themselves saying this. Theres a lot more to building an off-road centric vehicle than ground clearance and tyres, and I'm very interested to see how the finished product comes out. Design aside (very marmite!), it should be an interesting proposition, but compared to something like the Hummer EV, the Tesla seems very very road focused to me. 

Back
Top Bottom