The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Repairing bent front bumper

chrsbe

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:59 PM
Reaction score
Both of my corner pieces of the front bumper are bent backwards and one also upwards a bit. My dealer seems somehow unwilling to repair it. They want to replace it. Nonsense for me.
So can anyone help me with this. How do i get off the side sections of the front bumper?

NoMoTaco

Global Grenadier 0742
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:59 AM
Reaction score
Any pictures of the damage to get a better idea of what you are working with?

SkiBum1

GG-4567
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:59 AM
Reaction score
View attachment 7850411

Look at the front bumper. It is bent backwards 2cm.
It is a pretty simple equation. Is it cheaper to replace it with a new one vs the labor/materials cost to manually bang it out and repair it? For me, looks like a possible insurance issue so let them replace it. Simple and you know it is perfect.

Tinki

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:59 PM
Reaction score
View attachment 7850411

Look at the front bumper. It is bent backwards 2cm.
Had the same issue . You will find that there are 2 clips on the side that have let go . No matter how much you try they will not go back . Reason is the structure underneath is a bit bent . Its an easy fix but you will need to replace at least a couple of clips .

To Take it apparat you need to take out the part that faces the wheel well . Torx screws 2 at the level of the bumper ( where its unclipped ) and 3 at the bottom . Top is held on by 2 Christmas tree clips ( they are sacrificial at least in my case ) then the whole bit comes off .

Then you will need to take off the front part . Take the torx screws off the side of your license plate and then remove the rib . That will expose the rest of the screws to take off .
N.B remove the side marker plug before taking the whole thing off .

Straighten the metal bracket and then assembly is the reverse . It should sit flush after that .

I unfortunately have no pictures . If the above make no sense in will try and take some pictures from mine just to get you started .

N.B 2 : do not use an impact on any of the screws because the coating in the torx head gets rubbed off then water gets in and they have a nice brown rust spot . Ask me how i know . Uga duga is not your friend in this instance .

Local time
Reaction score
It is a pretty simple equation. Is it cheaper to replace it with a new one vs the labor/materials cost to manually bang it out and repair it? For me, looks like a possible insurance issue so let them replace it. Simple and you know it is perfect.
Agree. Also, not joking, it may be good to keep the old one as a spare. Bend it back at your leisure.

Tinki

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:59 PM
Reaction score
Thanks! Sounds doable to me. Where have you got the replacement clips from? I found that these amazon assortment boxes never have the right ones in.
From my dealer , they can order any part you want no matter how small .

Some of the clips on the grenadier are very expensive . But the quality is impressive even for clips . Not the cheap frangible ones .

Psignore00

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Same thing happening to me…urghhh. I do not think I have been harsh enough on a vehicle to need to replace a bumper, but maybe that’s old school. Will see how much the driver side costs on Wednesday and decide from there if I replace that piece or get an aftermarket bumper.

I don’t mind the slight bend, it’s the rear trim not attaching flush or at all, that is my concern.

Attachments

• IMG_1016.jpeg
    IMG_1016.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 24

ChasingOurTrunks

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local Group Moderator
Local time
6:59 AM
Reaction score
How are these parts getting bent out of shape? This is surprising common for a stock bumper it seems. Are you folks bumping into stuff, or is this a bit of a mystery? (That's not meant to be a flippant question - I've had parts of my truck dented because I bumped into stuff and I was "Meh, every dent's a story", but I've also seen problems on vehicles due to flex or stress, so I'm wondering what the cause is in these cases)

Psignore00

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I know I bumped a canyon wall (packed dirt) to cause it. I have video of it. I have no clue how to upload a video. It was not hard and should not have caused this type of damage to something advertised as a heavy duty steel bumper.

The problem is a small twist/push on the metal causes the back plastic vent/cover that protects whatever cooler is on that side from the tire and road debris to not fit right and if it doesn’t fit right, it interferes with tire clearance.

Back
Top Bottom