The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Red Winches Nomad

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:08 AM
Reaction score
Red Winches coming out with a new product. I wonder if this is basically a de-rated version of the Grenadier winch?

Screenshot_20230312_141124.jpg

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
2:08 AM
Reaction score
I thought that too. It makes sense as their hornet version doesn't seem to fit into a bumper.

Last edited:
Local time
Reaction score
I thought the rear winch was a derated version of the front (via gearing)

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
All I can think is that once Red Winches start selling it direct then much more detail will become available publicly.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
And we can get an airs pool for it.
It would be interesting to know whether the air spool could be added to the Grenadier winch or whether it would be better/more cost effective to just go with the off the shelf offering like the Explorer II.

Local time
Reaction score
It would be interesting to know whether the air spool could be added to the Grenadier winch or whether it would be better/more cost effective to just go with the off the shelf offering like the Explorer II.
I had thought that Red said yes I enough demand so its not impossible.
But would need different remote like a Loadar.

Last edited:

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:08 AM
Reaction score
For those who are not aware of the French speaking part of the forum, @DCPU posted some nice pictures of the "open door day" at Hedin Belgium and I did post two videos of my visit yesterday:

No engineers of Ineos Automotive, therefore I could not ask technical questions and the people of Hedin didn't know yet were the auxiliary power points are located in the footwells and under the hood of the Grenadier, therefore I showed them!

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
For those who are not aware of the French speaking part of the forum, @DCPU posted some nice pictures of the "open door day" at Hedin Belgium and I did post two videos of my visit yesterday:

No engineers of Ineos Automotive, therefore I could not ask technical questions and the people of Hedin didn't know yet were the auxiliary power points are located in the footwells and under the hood of the Grenadier, therefore I showed them!
Hedin should offer you the job of part time consultant. 😜

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hedin should offer you the job of part time consultant. 😜
They see me more as a pain in the ass I guess.

I hope I will be able to get it, but I got some very nice once in a lifetime offer, next weekend I hope to tell you more.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
They see me more as a pain in the ass I guess.
Yes, I guess someone who knows more about their product than them, can make them feel uncomfortable. It's a shame, because if they wanted to learn more... but to some it's just what puts food on the table and pays the bills.

Local time
2:08 AM
Reaction score

Attachments

• DSCN0714.jpg
    DSCN0714.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 24

gkhaldi

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yesterday in Lokeren Belgium, one of the cars had a rear winch fitted:

View attachment 7817845
View attachment 7817846View attachment 7817847
You‘re looking at my IG ;) I took possession of that Grenadier the first week of July. That rear which…I didn’t take because I got the front winch. Now waiting on the rock sliders, cargo separator and a fix for all the dings & dongs. Hedin promised me everything will be ready by mid -september so that we can leave on our trip.

Back
Top Bottom