The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Rear Wiper(s)

Chadd7

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:07 AM
Reaction score
question about rear wiper. When my windshield wipers are operating, the rear wiper turns on automatically when I out it in reverse backing up. I don’t like that setting. Any way to turn that off?

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
question about rear wiper. When my windshield wipers are operating, the rear wiper turns on automatically when I out it in reverse backing up. I don’t like that setting. Any way to turn that off?
Don’t know that, but my Fit and Outback do that just the same.

FieldMonster

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
11:07 AM
Reaction score
I noticed the same yesterday. Front wipers were on and when I put it into reverse the rear wiper came on. I don’t hate it.

Not aware of any way to turn it off.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Common on most vehicles these days, Land Rover have been doing for at least 2 decades on the Discovery and Range Rover

Michael Brindley

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
My tyre has a bracket and a box over the top of it. I always use the side mirrors and no doubt will learn to use the camera thingy in the Gren.
Camera only works when in reverse you cant switch it on manually

Voader - Oudersopzwier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:07 PM
Reaction score
No you can’t. This is a standard function when the frontwipers are on. Most cars do this now.

FlyersFan76

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
After picking my truck up I was driving in the dark and I kept hearing what I thought was the wiper motor. I didn't even think it had one. I must have just hit the stalk without realizing it.

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
After picking my truck up I was driving in the dark and I kept hearing what I thought was the wiper motor. I didn't even think it had one. I must have just hit the stalk without realizing it.
I’m forever doing that and as the back is full up I don’t always notice that the rear wiper is on.

minidok

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
does your rear wiper washing work? Mine is pumping forever but does not bring a drop to the read window.

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:07 AM
Reaction score
does your rear wiper washing work? Mine is pumping forever but does not bring a drop to the read window.
Yes, works fine. First time I've seen a washer attached to the wiper arm.

TNT647

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
On the end of the wiper control stick, there is a rocker switch with 3 position. Place the rocker position in the center while the wiper control stick all the way down (off position). The rear wiper will stop while the front can be on. I have to play with it till it works…but it does, for now.

Attachments

• IMG_6692.jpeg
    IMG_6692.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 8

minidok

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I checked yesterday night, washing works when you push the handle forward.
Thank you @Jean Mercier 👍🏼 As I hear my pump running, there seems to be an issue on the way from the pump to the rear of the vehicle. Maybe this "pipeline" has been sabotaged or is simply cloaked.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Perhaps you can already check part of the (black) tubing easily under the rear seats, perhaps the tube is pinched somewhere, see the red arrow in the picture I took some moments ago.
(Please don't ask questions now about the red and blue electrical wires, I will post later on when I finish my job)
20240130_124143 water tube.jpg

Back
Top Bottom