The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Production Model at Sydney 4WD Show

Igfan

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
3:16 AM
Reaction score
People who have seen it and feel it is an issue do you think it is aftermarket solvable? As in with something like a 2” lift and changing the bend in the exhaust that causes it?

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
8:16 AM
Reaction score
A lift lifts the engine as well and thus the exhaust, I guess?

Wouldn't help much then.

Except that a 'body' lift would only lift the 'body' and not the frame (with the motor). I have however no clue how this would work.

@nd

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
just been watching this you tube video, look at the Defender 90 foot well at 2:25 to about 2:27 the foot rest looks very similar

Igfan

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
@DCPU nice finds for the images. I’m not knowledgeable enough to understand what the components are in the green box in your second pic. It looks like one pipe to me. What actually is it?

@emax yeah I was thinking the lift takes up the body and engine with it but creates space between the newly raised body and the axles. From the pictures previously shown I was thinking the exhaust pipe made a sort of n-shaped bend to avoid the axle which could be straightened if the body was raised. Having seen DCPU’s pics it doesn’t seem possible to change as surely if they could make the tube slope more to save some foot space they would have already done that.

Igfan

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
@@nd: that video is also a nice find. Super hard to judge but to me it looks like in the gren the left side foot rest is closer to the seat.

I didn’t know this was an issue until now. I’ve been in a 2b prototype drive around as a passenger in a Lhd vehicle (way back in March or so) and I didn’t notice it. It was of course only 15 mins or so driving around and without pedals and a steering wheel so hard to judge if it would get annoying on a long drive. I have to say though that all these pics and people saying it it bad has me a bit worried. It definitely looks huge in some of them!

Camskii

Production/Transit
Local time
6:16 PM
Reaction score
@@nd: that video is also a nice find. Super hard to judge but to me it looks like in the gren the left side foot rest is closer to the seat.

I didn’t know this was an issue until now. I’ve been in a 2b prototype drive around as a passenger in a Lhd vehicle (way back in March or so) and I didn’t notice it. It was of course only 15 mins or so driving around and without pedals and a steering wheel so hard to judge if it would get annoying on a long drive. I have to say though that all these pics and people saying it it bad has me a bit worried. It definitely looks huge in some of them!
I think you will find most of the people complaining about it haven't actually sat in it. I'm 6ft3 and sat in it on Saturday and it was fine. I also had a mate who is taller and wider than me and he also said he didn't see what the issue was either.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Good pick-up on Harry's video DCPC.

The Defender's left footrest looks about the same width but it looks much lower (maybe 2 inches) than the Grenadiers, meaning that the left leg sits lower and in a more "relaxed" position.

But then, as Dave says, it will be easier to drive with your left knee whilst eating!

painter

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
The Defender's left footrest looks about the same width but it looks much lower (maybe 2 inches) than the Grenadiers, meaning that the left leg sits lower ...
Bingo !
... and no toe wall. Or at least, not one that aligns with the back edge of the brake pedal.

Of course we already know this will work for some. But do we know if Sir Jim has toes ?

OGrid

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm less certain there's anything quick and simple to adjusting the exhaust, as its not just exhaust...

Thanks for the two pictures….that really puts things into perspective.

Two words entered my mind when I saw the images you‘d posted - “Oh F***”

Top Cat

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
INEOS mentioned that we can "get up close to our rugged off-roader as one of the first people in Australia able to sit in a full production model."...

Full production model?? Have we seen this before or is this the first time in public a production model will be on display?

I plan to attend tomorrow with the family and am happy to field/capture answers or photos for the top 5 burning production model questions we may have from the forum. Please send them through.

For those that attended today, please share pictures, videos and insights. 😉
Fantastic idea!@
Tony from Adelaide here (Mar23 Build)
Really interested in the ability to fit a second tank as I work right out north and need it. I have followed the threads on this but a production model may be different
Thanks!!
TC

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:16 PM
Reaction score
And the navigation defaults to “Harry’s cafe de wheels” when you select home. ;)
Ahh! Stu! I'm presuming you're displaying "Local knowledge"!! Then you must know that it depends on the hour of the early morn and how hungry you are after a 'hard day's night'...:oops: You must visit "downunder" again!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:16 PM
Reaction score
I would think a 2" body lift would allow you to open up the seam on this and lower the angle accordingly.
View attachment 7793484

I'm less certain there's anything quick and simple to adjusting the exhaust, as its not just exhaust...
View attachment 7793485
It is an auto so you don't really need your left foot, I am sure you could get it amputated.

Back
Top Bottom