The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Price rises today : Nov 8 2022

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:38 PM
Reaction score
Well if I was you I would be ordering an IG today. At least that hopefully locks you into the old price, thus giving you more time to think about it all.
If it doesn’t, you haven’t lost anything as you can get your deposit back.
I thought I saw a thread mentioning that they got LCT exemption in Oz- anything on that? That could offset the increase potentially.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I thought I saw a thread mentioning that they got LCT exemption in Oz- anything on that? That could offset the increase potentially.
Yes, No Luxury Car Tax in Australia for the Grenadier.
Saved me $11 grand.
Went up from 3,500 kg to 3,550 which put it over the 3,501 kg limit and also gave us another 50 kegs of load carrying capability.

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes, no LCT on the Grenadier. This no longer is calculated as part of the on road costs on the configurator.
Yes, No Luxury Car Tax in Australia for the Grenadier.
Saved me $11 grand.
Went up from 3,500 kg to 3,550 which put it over the 3,501 kg limit and also gave us another 50 kegs of load carrying capability.
Now your talking Dave - 50 kegs, awesome.

Last edited:

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yes, no LCT on the Grenadier. This no longer is calculated as part of the on road costs on the configurator.

Now your talking Dave - 50 kegs, awesome.
You have to love auto spell correct.
I like those 1 litre cans from Germany that appear here at Oktoberfest time so maybe 50 kegs it is

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Now your taking Dave - 50 kegs, awesome.
Sorry mate are you saying the $85500 base version price assumes no LCT to start? Re the +3500kg weight is that based on the base vehicle or did you need to spec it to get the exemption? Sorry for the numpty questions.

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Sorry mate are you saying the $85500 base version price assumes no LCT to start? Re the +3500kg weight is that based on the base vehicle or did you need to spec it to get the exemption? Sorry for the numpty questions.
No LCT is added at all on any version, at any price, at any weight.
So yes the $85,500 has no LCT calculation in it.

3550kg GVM applies to all vehicles.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I specked up a Fieldmaster, with all the Trialmaster features and about another $10K of accessories.
Before the 20thy July there was another $11K of LCT added when I hit the order button
After that it was gone.
The Configuration has zero impact on it.
No LCT in Australia.
I shall buy MR Hocevar a beer or two when I see him

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
For the Suzuki Jimmy we are ordering the sales guy said bluntly (he was very nice guy though) that the quoted price was subject to price variations and he has no idea what that would be.
But count on it going up.
He said you can cancel the order up to a month before it arrives as he will be able to sell it no problem.
There are only two specifications you can choose from and the only things you can really select is paint and accessories.
Mind you he also said these are the cars that are on order already and available for sale, which one do you want

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:38 AM
Reaction score
For the Suzuki Jimmy we are ordering the sales guy said bluntly (he was very nice guy though) that the quoted price was subject to price variations and he has no idea what that would be.
But count on it going up.
He said you can cancel the order up to a month before it arrives as he will be able to sell it no problem.
There are only two specifications you can choose from and the only things you can really select is paint and accessories.
Mind you he also said these are the cars that are on order already and available for sale, which one do you want
For the Suzuki Jimmy...Daveb is right that is how it should be spelt.

Local time
8:38 AM
Reaction score
The price raise is now reflected on the portal when you log-in to your account and download your order summary pdf file. The Order tab still shows the old price but the pdf has the new base model price listed (approx. 10% rise). German website that is.

Pat-Ard

Global Grenadier #00520
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:38 AM
Reaction score
Same here…

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Original price:
Screenshot_20221109_073315.jpg

Revised price ~ 11.5% higher for base model, 10.6% overall with options added:
Screenshot_20221109_073210.jpg

So an extra £6,428.

The question is, are Ineos asking me to pay this; or just those placing orders from now on?

Last edited:

cheswick

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Original price:
View attachment 7795668

Revised price ~ 11.5% higher for base model, 10.6% overall with options added:
View attachment 7795667
Aha there it is!

The Australian website is “under maintenance” so I’m guessing it’s coming soon for us too. I wonder whether it will be retrospectively changed for people who have already signed contracts.

Greg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Australia...
Order Confirmation Email: $107,117.46
Old Price as per ORDERS page: $107,259.60
New Price as per ORDER PDF: $114,275.00

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Aha there it is!

The Australian website is “under maintenance” so I’m guessing it’s coming soon for us too. I wonder whether it will be retrospectively changed for people who have already signed contracts.
You should still be able to access your account (at least I was). Download your order summary and compare with your old one (if you kept a copy).

Back
Top Bottom