The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Positive notes...

alvan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:04 PM
Reaction score
Positive notes...

I would like to contrast the tendency to expose only complaints...
High positive notes following...

Steering: I completely deny any criticism I've read so far. Possibly the best steering I've ever found. It is certainly not direct like that of my 964 turbo, but with a relationship with the driver of solid softness. The large reduction is imperceptible in driving, both on and off-road, even in fast and tight bends. The car complies precisely; it requires concentration, also in relation to the size and weight of the car, but the alternative would have been a car with a too directional drive in relation to its weight. If I think back to the steering of the Defender (Puma) I'm on another planet and in another pleasantness. A 14-metre turning circle is quite a lot to park in the narrow streets of my garage, but I'm already getting used to a couple more manoeuvres...

Sound: the petrol engine is splendid, especially with the Safari open. For reasons of gas economy I'm learning to drive with the proverbial egg under my foot, very pleasant thanks to the ZF transmission, but if necessary, opening the gas, it starts forward like a turbine.

Substantial quality: the problem of the warning lights has been overcome for the moment with a couple of ignition cycles (I was promised that the software update is on its way) and some problems in the process of being resolved with the a/c (large direct availability of Ineos), the general quality is very high. Only the thump of the doors or the suspension passing over an obstacle is a pleasure to the ears.

Headlights: never had a car with such a deep lighting capacity and such a nice 'smile'... Too bad that with so much power, in order not to exaggerate with the gadgets, the lowering was not included when crossing with other cars .

Travel comfort: coming from Defenders and air cooled Porsches, the ride comfort is sybaritic for me. The sound system is excellent, and I only listen to classical music. Android auto is simply amazing, both for navigation and voice-controlled messaging. I may seem naive these days, but for me, coming from cars designed forty years ago, it's a great discovery.

The disclaimer is superfluous: I have no commercial interests with Ineos!

Last edited:

acwiltshire

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:04 AM
Reaction score
I have to say every time I log-in to the Forum and read all the depressing headlines and wonder what have I bough? Are our vehicles that bad?

@alvan thankfully makes me feel a little happier. Personally, apart from the false warnings - mine is brilliant - touch wood.
I have the grenadier grim despite a few niggles. I think ALVAN is spot on with the praise.
I do have some issues with android maps - ceasing to connect with google during a journey AND telling me ive arrived when I'm still 100 miles away !

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:04 AM
Reaction score
I totally agree on the headlights, we went to Cannes last night to watch a fireworks display, the drive back to the mountains in the dark with all the switch back roads was comfortable and easy. Both the steering and the lights are excellent. I know there are a a few niggles out there but this really is a great car. Feels well put together too.

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have to say every time I log-in to the Forum and read all the depressing headlines and wonder what have I bough? Are our vehicles that bad?

@alvan thankfully makes me feel a little happier. Personally, apart from the false warnings - mine is brilliant - touch wood.
In Oz we have to focus on the rough things and this is the vehicle...whether I use all of the capabilities of the vehicle is beside the point...I have them at my fingertips and I am going bush tomorrow to do a little testing...relax, it is the vehicle for us...hopefully, I don't brake anything...pics to come

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:04 PM
Reaction score
Rejoice in the fact that you belong to a group of fellow adventurers, that you are a leader - not a follower, that you flip the bird to the highways and you have decided to take the road less travelled.
Yes you could buy a Toyota - but you have decided not to give up on life just yet.

All positives in my book.

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Despite all those many reported niggles, gremlins & Co I signed the contract on Monday this week - "forced" by my wife who said I should focus on all the positive things and stop being sceptical. And she is right, that's the way we should do. :D(y)
She's a keeper mate.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have been too focussed on reading the many less positive threads and comments over the past 5 months and with the seemingly never ending wait time, has dulled my enthusiasm for the Grenadier a little.

Some buyers remorse is building:
"do I really need it"?
"It's a very expensive toy"
"are there too many problems & issues that need to be resolved"?
"i may only go seriously off road a few times a year"
etc
etc
etc

Thank you Alvan for sharing your positive opinions - the tonic I needed.

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have been too focussed on reading the many less positive threads and comments over the past 5 months and with the seemingly never ending wait time, has dulled my enthusiasm for the Grenadier a little.

Some buyers remorse is building:
"do I really need it"?
"It's a very expensive toy"
"are there too many problems & issues that need to be resolved"?
"i may only go seriously off road a few times a year"
etc
etc
etc

Thank you Alvan for sharing your positive opinions - the tonic I needed.
As I have said before don't sell the Landy and wait...also you have an invitation from me to come north and trial my Gren anytime...you have to wear your sunnies:cool:

Arkaig

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:04 AM
Reaction score
Since collecting my Grenadier on the 2nd May and having now covered some 7000+ miles (11,200+ kms) I can report absolutely none of the faults/issues/gremlins/foibles reported elsewhere on the Forum affecting my car. It has been totally faultless, so far…. hopefully that’ll continue in the same way as the continuing “Gren Grin”.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Since collecting my Grenadier on the 2nd May and having now covered some 7000+ miles (11,200+ kms) I can report absolutely none of the faults/issues/gremlins/foibles reported elsewhere on the Forum affecting my car. It has been totally faultless, so far…. hopefully that’ll continue in the same way as the continuing “Gren Grin”.
Congratulations.
You have a Wednesday car.

Back
Top Bottom