The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Picture Requests or Measurements?

Lemon35

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
2:26 AM
Reaction score
I'll be picking up my TM on Wednesday and plan to have it on a 4 post lift Thursday or Friday for a proper inspection. My dealer did get a laugh at me just diving under the Dealer Demo a couple months ago...

I've have my camera, a pair of calipers, and a measuring tape handy. I do not have a scan tool for 3D modeling etc.

If anyone has requests for pictures or measurements please post it here and I'll reply with whatever I can dig up. High time I started contributing to the forum that has given me plenty of data and entertainment.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'll be picking up my TM on Wednesday and plan to have it on a 4 post lift Thursday or Friday for a proper inspection. My dealer did get a laugh at me just diving under the Dealer Demo a couple months ago...

I've have my camera, a pair of calipers, and a measuring tape handy. I do not have a scan tool for 3D modeling etc.

If anyone has requests for pictures or measurements please post it here and I'll reply with whatever I can dig up. High time I started contributing to the forum that has given me plenty of data and entertainment.
Hi Lemon35, Tentative Congratulations! Did you get side steps or rock sliders? DaBull

Lemon35

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Lemon35, Tentative Congratulations! Did you get side steps or rock sliders? DaBull
I optioned neither for many of the same reasons others here have highlighted. Factory rock sliders didn't help with ingress and side steps seemed low in my opinion.

I'll wait for an aftermarket solution.

Lemon35

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Got on the lift and I'm seriously impressed. Took tons of pictures in case I break something and need a reference. Older gentlemen in the shop were at max curiosity once they saw it, and went right under with me for the look. It quickly gained the nod and thumbs up from them - and they waived my lift fee altogether (y). Lots of onlookers walking by throughout the 30 minutes I had it up.

Couple pictures below with notes. Steering damper location for US Spec RHD, with the clearance and proper tire placement that downward bolt head shouldn't be an issue but could be a contact point. tempImageJEBlYJ.jpg
No rubbing cables or wires. Everything tucked nicely out of the way and in fixtures along the frame.
tempImageaCnGUR.jpg
Neutral engagement bolt on the transmission/Transfer case housing. Its further back than expected (just my mind) but good to know the exact location before you ever need it.
tempImageodaImk.jpg
Below picture is behind the radiator fan. You can see the serpentine belts on the front of the block for reference. I'm thinking this unused clip would actually be for the power source to the winch if optioned?
tempImageriwXkl.jpg

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:26 AM
Reaction score
I'm thinking this unused clip would actually be for the power source to the winch if optioned?
Well, FYI (For Your Information ;) ) the answer is "no", I have the same unused clip, and I have a winch.
Picture was taken in June from top to bottom (reverse view compared to yours).
20230619_101213 unused clip.jpg

SkiBum1

GG-4567
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:26 AM
Reaction score
How many inches tall is the ineos without the factory roof rack and with the factory roof rack, if you know it? In inches if you know it. Thank you

Lemon35

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
How many inches tall is the ineos without the factory roof rack and with the factory roof rack, if you know it? In inches if you know it. Thank you
I haven't measured that exactly... however I did measure my garage door at a perfect 7 Feet (84inches).

The morning after I took delivery, my friend and neighbor came over to help guide me into the garage for the first time. Side contact wasn't the concern it was clearance to the door. My best guess is those roof load strips are 82 inches high off the ground at recommended PSI.
tempImagePiOBBX.jpg

IF I ever pull in with the safari windows popped up, they are TOAST.

SkiBum1

GG-4567
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I haven't measured that exactly... however I did measure my garage door at a perfect 7 Feet (84inches).

The morning after I took delivery, my friend and neighbor came over to help guide me into the garage for the first time. Side contact wasn't the concern it was clearance to the door. My best guess is those roof load strips are 82 inches high off the ground at recommended PSI.
View attachment 7836949

IF I ever pull in with the safari windows popped up, they are TOAST.
Thank you. That is exactly what I needed. My door is 7’2” so I am good to go! Appreciate it.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi SkiBum1, Ineos states the following height without and with their Rhino Rack. DaBull

HEIGHT OF GRENADIER 2050 mm = 80.71 inches without any roof rack
HEIGHT OF GRENADIER 2150 MM = 84.65 Inches with the Grenadier Rhino Roof Rack

Since I have a very low garage door opening I am designing super low profile brackets and cross bars for my Grenadier that will only add in total 25.4mm or 1” to the overall height of the Grenadier. With my design, the total height of the Grenadier with the cross bars will only be 2075.4mm or 81.71”. They will be very robust and a great starting point for anyone wanting to turn them into a platform or use them for attaching a roof top tent. DaBull

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:26 PM
Reaction score
Hi SkiBum1, Ineos states the following height without and with their Rhino Rack. DaBull

Since I have a very low garage door opening I am designing super low profile brackets and cross bars for my Grenadier that will only add in total 25.4mm or 1” to the overall height of the Grenadier. With my design, the total height of the Grenadier with the cross bars will only be 2075.4mm or 81.71”. They will be very robust and a great starting point for anyone wanting to turn them into a platform or use them for attaching a roof top tent. DaBull
Ineos figures are "conservative" in the sense that the height of a Trialmaster diesel, (no additional bullbar or winch) for example is 2023mm at the rear and 40mm less at the B pillar (because the rear springs are unladen).
I've triple checked these because my clearance is 40mm (1 1/2") so I instinctively lower my head as I sneak under my sectional roller garage door🫣
Check out the "Exact Measurements " thread post #62.

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:26 AM
Reaction score

Will these attach to the gutter or the bars?

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Adam, The low profile brackets would attach to the screws that are holding the existing brackets that hold the aluminum tubes as that appears to be the strongest attachment points. DaBull

SkiBum1

GG-4567
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

This is really helpful and a relief! My garage opening is 83.5 inches but scraping on the rubber seal of the opening. I am in good shape and almost in with the factory roof rack that I ordered w my build. I would love to see what you are doing to get the roof rack lower and closer to the roof as this may be a long term solution for me vs pulling off the roof rack in the winter and leaving it on only half of the year.

Back
Top Bottom