The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Pickup version spotted today in Graz

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:40 PM
Reaction score
Man the rear overhang on that is pretty bad for an off-roader. I don't see this doing well in the US, look at the Jeep Gladiator, it's not doing well compared to initial hype. At least for the Gladiator, the bed has all the negatives (longer wheel base, worse overhang, etc) and not enough of the positives (can't fit a 4x8 sheet of plywood between the wheel wells, etc). My understanding at least. I think they look cool and hope they do well but I'm with the others, a bit more rear seat leg room in a longer wheelbase "van" version may be more practical. I've got a crew cab 1/2 ton (2019 RAM) and even with a 5'5" bed I get hella annoyed doing truck things with it. It's nicer to park than a "standard" bed or larger, but is definitely a bit crippled as a tuck.
But the interior space sure is massive, road trips in it are fantastic!
Hopefully Ineos will get the kinks ironed out of the wagon before they get too overloaded with another model.
Dual cab utes are the most popular selling vehicles in Australia.
Taking 4 of the top 10 places.
This is why they will be offered as a cab/chassis here as well as having the bed option.
Nobody ever lays a sheet of plywood in the bed, those sorts of things get strapped to roof racks.
Cab/chassis often have trays fitted to them if it is going to be a workhorse.
I guarantee more of the dual cabs will sell in Australia than the wagons and there have been a lot of wagons already sold here.

1688164661566.png1688164957745.png

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
This is why they will be offered as a cab/chassis here as well as having the bed option.
Nobody ever lays a sheet of plywood in the bed, those sorts of things get strapped to roof racks.
I guarantee more of the dual cabs will sell in Australia than the wagons and there have been a lot of wagons already sold here.

View attachment 7818677View attachment 7818678
I reckon you're right!
As an aside, the "Trayon" camper folk must be over the moon at the news.... they had a blog on the net a couple of years ago as to why they beleived Australia (i.e. Trayon ;) ) needed the Grenadier and especially a dual cab trayback ... they even went so far as to mock up what they thought it might look like with a Trayon attached...

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Depending on price Dave - I would wager at least triple: 3,000 wagons and 9,000 dual cabs a year

Local time
5:40 AM
Reaction score

Here in the states chassis cab configurations are basically only 3/4 and 1 ton (or larger) trucks. I don’t even think you can order mid sized (Rangers, Tacos, etc) trucker workout beds. There are a few overland er types making cool camper beds but here it’s mainly utility beds for work (plumbers etc) or ranchers who put on flat beds and haul a lot of gooseneck trailers. No one ever straps plywood etc to the roof, they either borrow someone’s truck or have a little 4x8 utility trailer. Pretty cool to see all the options you guys have over there. Friend just got back from 6 months in Australia near the coast and he couldn’t believe how many people had kitted out adventure vans. Pretty cool.

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Looking at those dual cabs with long overhangs...... I just can't stop visualising images like this.... 😶

1688247898776.jpeg1688248054623.png

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:40 AM
Reaction score