The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Personalized license plate (Germany)

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:27 PM
Reaction score
One of the first Grenadiers in England had IG 0001.

Was that actually road registered with that plate?

EhEIBc1XYAUt7Rj.jpeg

One of the 1st I saw was on this plate:

FB_IMG_1633678304715.jpg

Last edited:

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
A 2nd (?) UK registered Grenadier:

FB_IMG_1664617057196.jpgScreenshot_20221001_103637_com.android.chrome.jpgScreenshot_20221001_103654_com.android.chrome.jpg

Arkaig

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Is that PT02009 marked just under the wing mirror, and similarly in the rear side window?

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
6:27 PM
Reaction score
This incredible woman fouls up the grenadier with her creamed fingers! 👿

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Not common but basically correct.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:27 PM
Reaction score
As my Grenadier is due for delivery at the end of January, I'm going to have to start thinking seriously about the number plate.
As I wrote a long time ago, I prefer IG to IA. IA is the sound the donkey makes and I don't want to be associated with that.

Now I've had another thought. In Germany, you can keep your number plate if you move to another district. As a precaution, I reserved the following plate for 2.60 €. I can't even get three scoops of ice cream for that.
Of course, I have to take into account the re-registration fees there and back. I know people who have done that and it didn't cost a fortune.

Unfortunately, the 5 used to read more like an S. But with imagination it works.

Attachments

• Numberplate IG.jpg
    Numberplate IG.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 30

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:27 AM
Reaction score
As my Grenadier is due for delivery at the end of January, I'm going to have to start thinking seriously about the number plate.
As I wrote a long time ago, I prefer IG to IA. IA is the sound the donkey makes and I don't want to be associated with that.

Now I've had another thought. In Germany, you can keep your number plate if you move to another district. As a precaution, I reserved the following plate for 2.60 €. I can't even get three scoops of ice cream for that.
Of course, I have to take into account the re-registration fees there and back. I know people who have done that and it didn't cost a fortune.

Unfortunately, the 5 used to read more like an S. But with imagination it works.
You can save your money and buy some ice cream
They have already written it just above the number plate for you
1671054081728.png

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:27 PM
Reaction score
You can save your money and buy some ice cream
They have already written it just above the number plate for you
View attachment 7797859
I know that. But somehow it excites me. On the other hand, I would like to add it to my Landy family. They all have LRs with consecutive numbers. I would take the number of the Defender and write IG instead of LR now. I have also reserved this plate as a precaution. Let's see what it will be in the end.
I only have to pay for the reservation if I take the respective plate. So there's still some left over for the ice cream.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:27 AM
Reaction score
I know that. But somehow it excites me. On the other hand, I would like to add it to my Landy family. They all have LRs with consecutive numbers. I would take the number of the Defender and write IG instead of LR now. I have also reserved this plate as a precaution. Let's see what it will be in the end.
I only have to pay for the reservation if I take the respective plate. So there's still some left over for the ice cream.

A bit rich for me
1671054771069.png1671054861533.png

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Best of Belgium are the french fries and the chocolate.

Not kidding.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score

So you are from the Ingolstadt district?

Good idea for the number plate. But according to yor LR family, the correct plate is, compared to e.g. IN - LR 110 then IN - IG 115 as the Grenadier has a 115" wheel base.

In our district we can btw not reserve numbers for cars other than four figures. And absolutely no way for the average citizen to get a one digit number.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom