The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Personalized license plate (Germany)

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:50 AM
Reaction score
Best of Belgium are the french fries and the chocolate.

Not kidding.
Best for me are our 100 or more different kinds of beers, but the chocolate and the Belgian fries are indeed also top
I like Belgian Beer but limited here.
I often drink Chimay or Duvel
I like the darker beers
I prefer the darker beers too

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Best for me are our 100 or more different kinds of beers,
That's understandable. I like the beer too, but don't have your knowledge about it.

However, I once drunk a Belgian beer that tasted best when it was particularly cold: the cold masked the taste a bit. It had a cork, like a champagne bottle, and cost 9 euros a bottle. Terrible.

But most of your beers are good.

As a German, however, I must insist that our beers are the best. 🍻 ;)

Last edited:

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:50 PM
Reaction score
That's understandable. I like the beer too, but don't have your knowledge about it.

However, I once drank a Belgian beer that tasted best when it was particularly cold: the cold masked the taste a bit. It had a cork, like a champagne bottle, and cost 9 euros a bottle. Terrible.

Australia and the US seem to be seeing an explosion in microbreweries, my local pub and the bottle shop fridge is a dizzying kaleidoscope of labels.
We're going to need both Belgian and German friends to hold on to some tether with history.

UK friends on the other hand, feel free to let your pond water become a thing of the past. ;)

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
In the spirit of threads going off topic, I would like to heed Stu’s comments and try and bring this thread back from where it is at the moment, and where it was originally intended - well sort of.
There is definitely a link between the Grenadier and Beer - so that’s a good thing - I am sure everyone would agree. PHEW.
One of my main puzzles at the moment is working out a solar panel to keep my beer fridge in the car cold ( but that’s another topic worthy of discussion)

Anyway, back on topic, I ordered personalized plates for my car INNEOS.
This is partly due to all of the good INEOS combinations already being taken - but also a simple nod to the type of establishment where my Grenadier was conceived.
I like it, as only a true Grenadier will know what I am talking about - that’s okay as everyone else will go buy a Toyota. 😉

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I have tasted German beers, in Germany as well
When are you going to try some Tasmanian beers? :D

Attachments

• cascade.jpg
    cascade.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 3

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:50 PM
Reaction score

However, I once drank a Belgian beer that tasted best when it was particularly cold: the cold masked the taste a bit. It had a cork, like a champagne bottle, and cost 9 euros a bottle. Terrible.

Hard to say German beers are the best as so many beers around the world are made to German purity laws and are straight copies.
I don't think any beat them though.
I love German, Belgian, Czech, British, Indian, Chinese ...............
Guinness
Coopers extra stout
White Beer
etc etc

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I definitely don't agree :devilish:
Could we please come back to the topic.

As I am from the city Bielefeld with a number plate starting with BI i will choose

"BI-ER 1000"

I just have to make sure its still available.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:50 PM
Reaction score

Actually I agree
German beers are by far the best German beers

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Last edited:

Alex7

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
As we got two topics here, I think German beer from little Franconian breweries is the best. This is the northern part of Bavaria 😃🍻
Next topic. A reservation of a number plate in Germany is for free, just for the suffix behind your hometown prefix. I have already made two: IG 2 and IG 115. I am not sure yet. Which one would you take?

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
As we got two topics here, I think German beer from little Franconian breweries is the best. This is the northern part of Bavaria 😃🍻
Next topic. A reservation of a number plate in Germany is for free, just for the suffix behind your hometown prefix. I have already made two: IG 2 and IG 115. I am not sure yet. Which one would you take?
Take "IG too" ;) and I repeat: Belgian beer is the best :devilish:🍻

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:50 AM
Reaction score
I played rugby next to a German brewery in Bad Kostritz many moons ago. The beer was good, the rugby less so. But I did have a romantic liaison with a female player - fortunately an 11 or 14 and not 1 to 8!!!

Back on topic I will get a reg ending GRN here in UK. Cost about £350 ish last time i looked

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Though I agree with the first part, you must never say the second. Franconians will kill you. Better say "Bavaria is the southern part of Franconia".

I have already made two: IG 2 and IG 115. I am not sure yet. Which one would you take?
IG 115 as described here.

Back
Top Bottom