The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Pathfinder Mode 1&2

Local time
10:43 PM
Reaction score
A couple of face book videos from the Scotch press launch of the pathfinder feature.

Last edited:

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:43 AM
Reaction score
I really like this feature - it's cool & it seems to be very easy to engage it.

We didn't see what output comes from the system during retracing but I assume it will create a map with specific directions and tick off the "waypoints" as they are passed.

Local time
Reaction score

We didn't see what output comes from the system during retracing but I assume it will create a map with specific directions and tick off the "waypoints" as they are passed.
I thought the second video reversed the track of the first

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:43 AM
Reaction score

That was the second video. Apart from the obviously different GUI, it pretty much works the same as the Compass app in Apple Watch Ultra. Except I gather you can import .gpx files.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I would like to see the videos, but they are on Facebook. Me not. 😉
Interesting because I spat my dummy out with FB and closed my account sometime ago. But I can still see the videos. I have always be able to see FB videos even before I joined. Suggests a setting issue on your phone/PC

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Interesting because I spat my dummy out with FB and closed my account sometime ago. But I can still see the videos. I have always be able to see FB videos even before I joined. Suggests a setting issue on your phone/PC
Or you have previously been barred by FB for breaching their conditions. I've had that when repeatedly using my wrong login, by mistake, but you have the option to appeal (48hrs resolution) or the ban expires automatically after 30 days.

WhiteBear

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:43 PM
Reaction score
I don’t want to accept Facebook-cookies. Maybe that is needed for viewing their videos.

Norville

Reservation Holder
Local time
3:43 PM
Reaction score
Hope the second GUI allows for a top down view instead of just a direction and distance notation.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
I don’t want to accept Facebook-cookies. Maybe that is needed for viewing their videos.
Nor do I (want to accept), but I did (accept).

I could thus see the videos.

Note: I have set my Firefox to accept all (except third-party) cookies, but also to delete ALL cookies when I close Firefox. However, I have defined some exceptions where cookies should never be deleted - e.g. the cookies for 'theineosforum.com'. This way you can surf unhindered, but you don't leave any traces between Firefox sessions.

I even have proof of my concept: When I visit google.com after restarting Firefox, google asks me once if I want to accept cookies (which I never do). From then on, I can open and close google at will and never be asked again - as long as at least one Firefox window or tab is open. If I close all Firefox tabs and/or windows and then visit google.com, I am asked again to allow cookies (which I don't).

I get excited every time this happens because I think, "They don't know who I am again". :)

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
As to the path finder: In the second video you could see that the arrow didn't point to where the road goes but to the next waypoint - which was behind a bend. You can mitigate this misdirection by selecting a smaller distance between trackpoints when the track is generated (be it by the Grenadier or by some independent application).

Some applications allow an "automatic" distance setting, which is based on vector changes. So the more or narrower curves the more trackpoints.

WhiteBear

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Nor do I (want to accept), but I did (accept).

I could thus see the videos.

Note: I have set my Firefox to accept all (except third-party) cookies, but also to delete ALL cookies when I close Firefox. However, I have defined some exceptions where cookies should never be deleted - e.g. the cookies for 'theineosforum.com'. This way you can surf unhindered, but you don't leave any traces between Firefox sessions.

I get excited every time this happens because I think, "They don't know who I
I am using Firefox since a long time the way you do … on my Windows-PC.
But I read this and other forums on an iPad with Safari where it is quite annoying to delete cookies every day anew. So I try to avoid cookies from parties I really don‘t like and only keep the login-cookies I need. At least I hope so. 😑

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Ok, so you have no firefox there, bad luck.

iPad with Safari where it is quite annoying to delete cookies every day anew
I call it the apple penalty. ;)

WhiteBear

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

I do have firefox on the iPad, but I don‘t use it because a nice feature of Safari is missing: Favorites at the top bar.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

In Safari you can switch to „private mode“ and nothing will be tracked. I use it for everything but the forum.

WhiteBear

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
In Safari you can switch to „private mode“ and nothing will be tracked. I use it for everything but the forum.
Yes, but when you close the private tab your login-information is lost also. You have to login again everytime you visit forums.

Back
Top Bottom