The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Owner's Manual

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:04 AM
Reaction score
New here, so apologies but I am only just getting up to speed on what's been discussed.

I did query this clause with the customer service people in November and they escalated it to the contracts team. No response however and I am still waiting on my revised contract to sign. My legal guy says this is a "mistake clause" however signing it knowing it is in error would be essentially accepting whatever is in the manual when it finally gets published. I was suprised to find the clause in the contract at all since Ineos were being pretty clear on the fact that they were still making tweaks to the vehicle design details prior to going into full production. I tried crossing the clause out on my original contract then doing the manual sign & upload option, but they didn't like that and insisted on issuing a new electronic one.
It wouldn't be legally binding anyway so I wouldn't be concerned about it.
You sign the contract to say you have read the document that was issued to you prior to signing.
They would then need to prove they had provided one.
Hardly feasible.

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It wouldn't be legally binding anyway so I wouldn't be concerned about it.
You sign the contract to say you have read the document that was issued to you prior to signing.
They would then need to prove they had provided one.
Hardly feasible.
It is only really a problem if we find out in the manual that flicking the indicator switch releases a bunch of killer bees into the cabin or something. Based on my test drive I would probably still want a Grenadier even if the seats stabbed me with a fork every ten seconds.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yep pointless not understanding the full capability and functionality of a new vehicle.
I read my manuals and also have the app on my mobile but I got all that after I got the vehicle.
I can't recall getting the manuals for any of my 20+ previous vehicles from the dealers or manufacturer before I got the vehicle

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:04 PM
Reaction score
It's different these days though.

I can download, for example, the latest iGuide for the new Defender or the full Rivian owners manual.

The CAD-IT system is a "live" system, there's never going to be a version 1.0 or 1.1 as far as the contents go. That's the beauty of an Electronic Document Management System (EDMS) ~ sections can be added, deleted, or amended at any time. Makes document control very easy.

It must have been planned to be active for owner/users from the initial launch dates. So it must just be sitting there...

Orcmurd

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
New here, so apologies but I am only just getting up to speed on what's been discussed.

I did query this clause with the customer service people in November and they escalated it to the contracts team. No response however and I am still waiting on my revised contract to sign. My legal guy says this is a "mistake clause" however signing it knowing it is in error would be essentially accepting whatever is in the manual when it finally gets published. I was suprised to find the clause in the contract at all since Ineos were being pretty clear on the fact that they were still making tweaks to the vehicle design details prior to going into full production. I tried crossing the clause out on my original contract then doing the manual sign & upload option, but they didn't like that and insisted on issuing a new electronic one.
Does your legal guy suggest reviewing the manual in full before accepting its contents and signing the contract? The manual will be what it is and we will have to accept it.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
It's different these days though.

I can download, for example, the latest iGuide for the new Defender or the full Rivian owners manual.

The CAD-IT system is a "live" system, there's never going to be a version 1.0 or 1.1 as far as the contents go. That's the beauty of an Electronic Document Management System (EDMS) ~ sections can be added, deleted, or amended at any time. Makes document control very easy.

It must have been planned to be active for owner/users from the initial launch dates. So it must just be sitting there...
We use electronic manuals and documentation for all of our products so they are always current however you can also input the serial number of your exact product so you get the manuals that were applicable to it at the time.
Not just generic year/series manuals

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Does your legal guy suggest reviewing the manual in full before accepting its contents and signing the contract? The manual will be what it is and we will have to accept it.
The main point at issue is just that it is a mistake in the contract to say something has been provided to the customer when it has not and cannot, and you are signing something that is technically incorrect. Inconsequential in the greater scheme of things, but you know how lawyers are...

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Bit of a dogs dinner. I don't need the manual before delivery but would like it on delivery.
Signing something that you know not to be correct I agree is unnerving, also surprised IA alright with requesting people to sign something they also know is not a correct statement.
Am I concerned, no, I'd sign it in a heartbeat - in for a penny.....

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
6:04 PM
Reaction score
Yep pointless not understanding the full capability and functionality of a new vehicle.

When I got my w203, I could of course operate the car immediately without reading a single page of the manual. But out of curiosity, I did take a look - and there were 520 pages ...

So I dug through and found some helpful and fancy things that I would never have discovered without reading.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
When I got my w203, I could of course operate the car immediately without reading a single page of the manual. But out of curiosity, I did take a look - and there were 520 pages ...

So I dug through and found some helpful and fancy things that I would never have discovered without reading.
Same with my W204

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:04 PM
Reaction score
I always read the manual after buying, and depending on what I buy, sometimes I read the manual first.
When my wife bought her new car, some week later she asked me to flatten the seats because she had to transport some chairs.
I didn't find how. I asked the manual. She said, "no time to loose, flatten the seats". I said: "I don't know". We quarreled, and I took the manual, and after 1 minute I found how. The seat belts were hiding the buttons to flatten the rear seats! :mad:

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I always read the manual after buying, and depending on what I buy, sometimes I read the manual first.
When my wife bought her new car, some week later she asked me to flatten the seats because she had to transport some chairs.
I didn't find how. I asked the manual. She said, "no time to loose, flatten the seats". I said: "I don't know". We quarreled, and I took the manual, and after 1 minute I found how. The seat belts were hiding the buttons to flatten the rear seats! :mad:
I usually ask my good friend Mr Google or his cousin Mrs YouTube

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:04 PM
Reaction score
Do we have any Koreans on board...I am pretty sure that it was mandatory for you to have read and understood the owner's manual before you were able to take your Ssangyong car home...Makes sense in a way...in the late eighties when I visited Japan, you had to be able to change your own tyres and they had an alarm that would alert you to your speed being over the limit and the alarm would increase in volume the faster you went...happy motoring not.

So maybe it is mandatory in other parts of the World.

Last edited:

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Do we have any Koreans on board...I am pretty sure that it was mandatory for you to have read and understood the owner's manual before you were able to take your Ssangyong car home...Makes sense in a way...in the late eighties when I visited Japan, you had to be able to change your own tyres and they had an alarm that would alert you to your speed being over the limit and the alarm would increase in volume the faster you went...happy motoring not.

So maybe it is mandatory in other parts of the World.
Taxi's in China have a flashing light on the roof when they speed

Reactions: Max

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Don’t forget dodgy uncle eBay for a bootleg version.
A FOI (Freedom of Information) request to the MOD (Ministry of Defence) is usually good to get you a whole raft of manuals for any ex military equipment. Best of all it's free.

Back
Top Bottom