The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Opposition to Grenadier in Australia

Local time
4:12 AM
Reaction score
One area where the Grenadier falls short big time is on range. I’m a big fan but if the aftermarket can’t solve its range constraint it could be a deal breaker for me. Many of the direct competitors (if you can them call that) have the option to relocate the spare to fit an extra 80 - 150l ancillary tank which may be difficult on the Grenadier.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:12 PM
Reaction score
Anton said:
One area where the Grenadier falls short big time is on range. I’m a big fan but if the aftermarket can’t solve its range constraint it could be a deal breaker for me. Many of the direct competitors (if you can them call that) have the option to relocate the spare to fit an extra 80 - 150l ancillary tank which may be difficult on the Grenadier.

I think that is why they have mounted the spare on the rear door instead of underneath. 
Also if the rear door can carry the weight of the spare and the ladder with I assume a 120kg person on it then you could put the spare/s on the roof and add some Jerry cans to the door. 
They will also need a reversing camera for Australia. 

Local time
2:12 AM
Reaction score
If you reroute the exhaust you can fit a 150l tank no problem. Main tank is located on the side rail. Reverse cam is located under the rear door, required on USA models 

grenadierguy

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=Elijah.hostetler Elijah.hostetler userid=8875331 postid=1332277653]If you reroute the exhaust you can fit a 150l tank no problem. Main tank is located on the side rail. Reverse cam is located under the rear door, required on USA models [/QUOTE]

Where did you hear about rerouting the exhaust? Also are you in Colorado yet? ?

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
1:12 AM
Reaction score
As Elijah has stated there is commentary that you can move the exhaust and free up space. Also a benefit of the petrol is no ad blue tank.  You could put a spare in space of the Ad Blue.  That might be 4 to 8 gallons in size.   

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
7:12 PM
Reaction score
You could remove the rear muffler. You might be breaking the law in your country or state, but for some of us it's got potential.

Local time
Reaction score
grenadierguy said:
Where did you hear about rerouting the exhaust? Also are you in Colorado yet? ?

Next week! I was looking under there on the 2B model. Should have taken some pictures. 

Local time
Reaction score
@Anton - have you got drivable prototypes in AUS?  We're still looking at static display models in US and they didn't give us fuel capacity or any tech specs.  Full tech specs were expected to be released by Summer time with an upgraded configurator ahead of taking orders.

Local time
Reaction score
Doe’s anybody know how big the fuel tank is?
we carry 210 litres in a 100 series and it is very convenient.
I hope it has a larger tank than a ford ranger.

Back
Top Bottom