The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Newly released video, some nice footage

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
11:26 AM
Reaction score
The Appley Estate in Shropshire. This was last August time, I went myself as quite conveniently it’s about 10 mins up the road from me

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
4:26 PM
Reaction score
Muahaha, this guy is so humorous!

Apparently, he is a German or maybe from Switzerland. But he lives just 10 Km from me (the number plate tells it).

A great video, thank you!

The best was the drive in the "Defender", in particular if you know about the background ;-)

"Is the check engine light on?"
"No, the check engine light is not on"
"This is a good sign, that the check engine light is not on".
"But may be, it is a broken check engine light ..."

ROFL!

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Nice footage too, and shows basically everything I would have recorded if I had visited the fair alone.

Greg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:26 AM
Reaction score
I follow these guys on youtube "LR Time" - they do great videos, mainly on fixing their Discovery 3.
His sense of humour is great.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Ha, it turned out, that the two live in the neighbor village. And as we live on a hill, we can even see their house from here. 

It's a small planet. A visit is mandatory.  :)

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Yesterday, I visited "Christian" and "Vera" from the video above. They really live just 2.9 Km from us as the crow flies.

We had a very nice and interesting afternoon, and since the test drive in Bad Kissingen they are intensely thinking about the Grenadier. When I told them that I have ordered one, they were of course interested in my experiences and had a lot of questions - which I answered  to my best knowledge.

Christian is a technical guy and well equipped with tools and infrastructure to repair and improve their Discos (and other Land Rovers as well). And as being technically oriented my self I can tell, that he is very capable, always supported by his wife, which does not act as a decoration but really had some oily spots on her  shoulder when I reached there yesterday ;-)

I think, they will sooner or later join this forum. This, as they feel strongly commited to DIY projects, will be a win for many of us. :)

crimson

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:26 AM
Reaction score
thanks for sharing emax, I like how you used old school, go visit and knock on the door approach. Reminds me of the days before zoom, ms teams and mobile phones.  

Did you discuss the “rough ride“ in any detail. I know the defender was driven on a different track, but I'm still very curious.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Yes, though I am a software developer for a living since +30 years and I have a strong connection to the internet and all the consequences, I don't want to give up anything which I consider worth preserving.

It is so much nicer to meet people personally, and to get a sentiment of them. And laughing together is so infinitely more satisfying and liberating than clicking emoticons.

I don't use whatsapp, because I think, that somebody who is shy of the "effort" to write me an email is not a person I'd take with me on an island. Nor am I a member of facebook or instagram, and I don't have a paypal account. I pay cash wherever I can, and if something is really important to me, I write letters on paper.

Too much gets lost otherwise.

> Did you discuss the “rough ride“ in any detail

Not sure what you mean with that. But I can tell that they were strongly impressed  by the Grenadier. Like me, they noticed the power and sovereignty of the vehicle, and Werner apparently didn't give a damn about the bumps and potholes and whatsoever and just kept going. They specifically mentioned that and thought it was impressive. And they are, nota bene, quite experienced off-road people.

Yes, the Defender was on another track, Land rover has an own course on the area. But they are just 50 meters apart.

We did not talk much about the passenger-test-drives. The more important part was everything that has to do with the technical questions around the Grenadier, the ordering process, and their plans for the future - in particular with respect to the Grenadier and with youtube as well.

But I will let the latter one to Christian, he will tell what he has to say and I don't want to anticipate him.

Though they are Germans, all their content is in English, btw. And sometimes they hose the Germans, the Aussies, the US guys or whoever is in the context in an almost British way. ;-)

Paachi

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
8:26 AM
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=emax userid=8900646 postid=1332870001]Yes, though I am a software developer for a living since +30 years and I have a strong connection to the internet and all the consequences, I don't want to give up anything which I consider worth preserving.

It is so much nicer to meet people personally, and to get a sentiment of them. And laughing together is so infinitely more satisfying and liberating than clicking emoticons.

I don't use whatsapp, because I think, that somebody who is shy of the "effort" to write me an email is not a person I'd take with me on an island. Nor am I a member of facebook or instagram, and I don't have a paypal account. I pay cash wherever I can, and if something is really important to me, I write letters on paper.

Too much gets lost otherwise.

[/QUOTE]

Much respect on this. There is a certain deliberation, involvement and nuance that comes from doing things non-electronically that is often lost in the ever abbreviated media of communication these days. I too work in the tech industry and I am immensely grateful for what it has accomplished but often it becomes a crutch.

Case in point, my youngest cousin who is in his late 20s cannot navigate without Google Maps, cannot be bothered to understand paper maps. My niece and nephew think it’s crazy that I listen to music on vinyl sometimes (without being able to jump across songs) or use some old school deliberate methods to do stuff which should be faster and automated (putting pen to paper or shaving with an old school razor) ?

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Thank you, much appreciated. We are in sync so far. 

For me, it's not the vinyl, but my occasional BW photography - including all the chemical fuss.

It's about contemplation and "Achtsamkeit".

Back
Top Bottom