The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

New winching tool to make life easier

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:45 AM
Reaction score
These have existed for a while, made by a handful of manufacturers... Some people like them, some people say they absolutely won't use them. I'll say they have their place

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
1:45 AM
Reaction score
These have existed for a while, made by a handful of manufacturers... Some people like them, some people say they absolutely won't use them. I'll say they have their place
If you watch, they are different than the traditional version.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:45 PM
Reaction score
Lots of winch rings, this one slightly different in that it has an elongated shape. I see the advantage of what he proposes here, not sure for most people that it’s a breakthrough

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:45 AM
Reaction score
Hi anand, Not as yet as well versed in using all this winching equipment and hoping to take a course to get much more familiar. It does appear that this Offset Snatch ring is different than the standard round ring and has some advantages because of the offset design and that it is larger in diameter than many, Just my observation as a novice watching the whole video. DaBull

Arkaig

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:45 AM
Reaction score
Here is a synopsis, the people that make Yankum ropes made a recovery ring that can be used as a snatch block, not once but twice.
I am not an engineer, but in my humble opinion using a recovery ring "twice" as illustrated in the video creates contra-rotational forces that are inherently dangerous and should not be recommended for normal rigging, irrespective of the elliptical design and increased radius of these "new" recovery rings.

A Spanish Burton rig offers the same 4:1 mechanical advantage using just 2 recovery rings without being used "twice".

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I am not an engineer, but in my humble opinion using a recovery ring "twice" as illustrated in the video creates contra-rotational forces that are inherently dangerous and should not be recommended for normal rigging, irrespective of the elliptical design and increased radius of these "new" recovery rings.

A Spanish Burton rig offers the same 4:1 mechanical advantage using just 2 recovery rings without being used "twice".
Two recovery rings for me 👍🏼

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

How did you add your mpg to the bottom of the page. I would like to do that as good info for others

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:45 PM
Reaction score

Another fan of the Burton. Huzzar!

Back
Top Bottom