The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

New video of a 2B walkaround

Paachi

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
2:27 PM
Reaction score
This video just got posted by an Aussie who had a chance to ride and checkout the 2B prototype

https://youtu.be/od89DFZq55M

The audio is quite poor but a few things that I observed

1. There will be a factory second battery offering. That’s great. No plumbing and dodgy aftermarket wiring. I do hope it’s a lithium setup. Infact since the main battery is not in the engine area maybe both can be optioned as lithium cells
2. They mentioned Ironman (amongst others) who they have shown the vehicle too and they are building after market equipment like lifts etc.

Paachi

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Another thought that crossed my mind is..its interesting how the rear seats are mounted. There is some kind of scaffolding under the seat base. This IMHO is a double edged sword. For folks like me who prefer no rear seats in a proper build, it gives a firm foundation for a platform build and you can have storage below.

Now the rear seats are maybe a 30-40-30 split (as discussed in a separate thread here). For folks who'd want to remove just the middle section for a fridge setup and 2 rear passengers, I dont know how much the scaffolding would impede that. I have seen other data points on the Ineos website that indicates it will be a traditional 60:40 split rear seat.

Secondly, if you read the comments, someone asked about the rear seat room. The gentleman who uploaded the video said, that they were adequately comfortable for him.

Finally, the guy in the video mentioned that the skylight windows could  be opened all the way so that you can stand and take pictures, etc. I hadnt heard that before. Guess what, I rechecked the Grenadier website and they mention it too!! Apparently, you can pop the windows open or take them completely out & stow them away in a built in secure mounting place for an open air-ish experience. Now I am very much leaning towards getting that option

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
8:27 AM
Reaction score
I'm not keen on sunroofs , but the pop out safari windows would be cool. Cool is still important when you reach your 7th decade, which will be the case when I give myself a Big Birthday present.And grandchildren will also enjoy the cool factor . My uncle's Humber 1 tonner had gunning turrets, which perhaps has imbued an element of nostalgia into my decision process.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
Ok I’m going to put it out there. You can’t dangle a carrot of “gunning turrets” on this forum without more of an explanation Tazzieman. That simply isn’t cricket, neither is how we play these days after losing the ashes. But I digress. 
“gunning turrets”…….

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Stu_Barnes said:
Ok I’m going to put it out there. You can’t dangle a carrot of “gunning turrets” on this forum without more of an explanation Tazzieman. That simply isn’t cricket, neither is how we play these days after losing the ashes. But I digress. 
“gunning turrets”…….
In the late 50s he bought one of them for his stockade business.There was a standard issue machete holder on the passenger door. http://anzacsteel.hobbyvista.com/othervehicles/humbertruckph_1.htm

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
9:27 PM
Reaction score
The Safari windows look epic I must say! wonder how much the option will be? 

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Spjnr said:
The Safari windows look epic I must say! wonder how much the option will be? 
I must say I don't care! I can live off home brew for a year ?

PL1

Local time
5:27 PM
Reaction score
I was just about to post this myself.  Everyone of these videos I see answers a few more questions.  
It does answer the 60:40 r/seat split question I had.  I would love to know the dimensions in the back with r/seats up and r/seats folded flat.
I will carry mountain bikes in the back so length and height are the primary dimensions.  
Thanks for posting the video.

AndrewW

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
“gunning turrets”…….
Nudging an old thread - brotherly chat with Hicarus about motoring in the 50s (yes, not a typo!) and the vagaries of sunroofs with blocked drain tubes. Brake hard and your lap fills with smelly water. (North England not Sahara). To the point - has anyone seen any construction detail on these skylights that I have ordered (I call them Rommel windows) and their hopefully well-designed drainage?
Apologies is this has been covered elsewhere…

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Nudging an old thread - brotherly chat with Hicarus about motoring in the 50s (yes, not a typo!) and the vagaries of sunroofs with blocked drain tubes. Brake hard and your lap fills with smelly water. (North England not Sahara). To the point - has anyone seen any construction detail on these skylights that I have ordered (I call them Rommel windows) and their hopefully well-designed drainage?
Apologies is this has been covered elsewhere…
Yes that passed my mind as well. I used to refer to it as a "Rommel roof", must be a north of England colloquialism. Is not an issue where you can say technology has moved on since the 60s. There will have to be a drain hole of sorts going to somewhere

Hicarus

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I bet the wet-&-dry vac on the drain outlet isn't on the service schedule! Very necessary in this acid rain free climate of moss, dust & leaves that we have in UK.

AndrewW

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Ah ha ..drain hole clearly visible. Looks to go down the A frame.
Mem to self. 1. Park facing downhill when it’s wet (most days!). 2. Keep drain hole clear regularly.
We know from experience to suck it clear from below (wet and dry vac) not to airline from above, which can blow connections apart in inaccessible places. 🥵
Thanks DCPU for the picture. 🙏

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:27 AM
Reaction score
Mem to self. 1. Park facing downhill when it’s wet (most days!). 2. Keep drain hole clear regularly.
We know from experience to suck it clear from below (wet and dry vac) not to airline from above, which can blow connections apart in inaccessible places. 🥵
Thanks DCPU for the picture. 🙏
Move to somewhere that isn't wet most days

Back
Top Bottom