The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

New prices update (09 Nov 2022)

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
INEOS Agent/Dealer (verified)
Local time
6:25 PM
Reaction score
I have spoken to INEOS to make sure I can give you some more information.

1, If you had placed your full £2,500.00 deposit before today 09/11/2022 then you will not incur the price increase.

2, If you are seeing a price increase in your online account for a car you ordered before 09/11/2022 don't worry, you will be paying the original price you ordered at and not the increase. The price INEOS have in their system for you is the pre price increase price.

3, When now going onto the website to order your car you will see a total price including VAT and OTR costs making this much clearer and not having an increase when you go to checkout.

4, The download function for a PDF in your account has been disabled whilst they fix the issue.

5, Apologies for not being able to jump on this sooner to clear things up for you all and for not joining in with much conversation yesterday as I'm sure you're all aware I have strict guidelines of what I can and can't say or do.

Anyway, hope this clears up some confusion for you all.

Steve.

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have spoken to INEOS to make sure I can give you some more information.

1, If you had placed your full £2,500.00 deposit before today 09/11/2022 then you will not incur the price increase.

2, If you are seeing a price increase in your online account for a car you ordered before 09/11/2022 don't worry, you will be paying the original price you ordered at and not the increase. The price INEOS have in their system for you is the pre price increase price.

3, When now going onto the website to order your car you will see a total price including VAT and OTR costs making this much clearer and not having an increase when you go to checkout.

4, The download function for a PDF in your account has been disabled whilst they fix the issue.

5, Apologies for not being able to jump on this sooner to clear things up for you all and for not joining in with much conversation yesterday as I'm sure you're all aware I have strict guidelines of what I can and can't say or do.

Anyway, hope this clears up some confusion for you all.

Steve.
Good man. Thank you 🙏🏼

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
rcvd fm IA 2mins ago via email;

You may hear on the grapevine that we have made the difficult decision to increase Grenadier pricing. This is not a decision we have taken lightly, but as a business we just cannot absorb the significant increase in our cost base – particularly energy and raw materials – since we confirmed our launch pricing.

From your perspective, the good news is that this is for new orders only, placed from 9th November 2022. Since you have already placed your order, your purchase price will remain unchanged. As you would expect, in recognition of your steadfast support and enthusiasm on the Grenadier journey. We hope this puts your mind at rest and as always, if you have any questions, please do get in touch.

end

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
rcvd fm IA 2mins ago via email;

You may hear on the grapevine that we have made the difficult decision to increase Grenadier pricing. This is not a decision we have taken lightly, but as a business we just cannot absorb the significant increase in our cost base – particularly energy and raw materials – since we confirmed our launch pricing.

From your perspective, the good news is that this is for new orders only, placed from 9th November 2022. Since you have already placed your order, your purchase price will remain unchanged. As you would expect, in recognition of your steadfast support and enthusiasm on the Grenadier journey. We hope this puts your mind at rest and as always, if you have any questions, please do get in touch.

end
Same email. Good news for me 😎

mid

Reservation Holder
Local time
2:25 PM
Reaction score
What happens if you want to change your configuration? Is it then still the old price too?

Reactions: Sam

PBD

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just had my email, good new. Any person who has paid the order fee of £2500 (in uk) would be crazy not to continue on to full purchase!

acwiltshire

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just had my email, good new. Any person who has paid the order fee of £2500 (in uk) would be crazy not to continue on to full purchase!
When did you get your contract? I ordered on May 18th

Reactions: PBD

PBD

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I will sleep like a baby now! On both deposit and order nights I was ready to go at 0001hrs uk time, credit card at the ready. I have followed the development of the Grenadier since day one, I feel like I was sitting next to JR in the Grenadier Pub, egging him on!

Deleted User Account.

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
Unfortunate for the US reservation holders. I'm having to weigh whether to stick with the grenadier or keep reservations and purchase a Rivian R1S (paid deposit, estimated delivery 2024) or the Denali EV (paid deposit, estimated delivery 2024), both of which have confirmed and locked in pricing.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
11:25 AM
Reaction score
In the US your prices haven’t gone up at all.
You haven’t had any pricing so far that I am aware of so damn hard to have a price increase.
This is true @DaveB but it doesn't bode well for the Grenadier pricing being as competitive as we had hoped, passion and enthusiasm can only take you so far. There are a lot of other options in the US that will be easier to maintain (if you're not DIY) and more cost effective I think.

This of course totally ignores want, desire and man math justifying the purchase, at least with me ;)

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Unfortunate for the US reservation holders. I'm having to weigh whether to stick with the grenadier or keep reservations and purchase a Rivian R1S (paid deposit, estimated delivery 2024) or the Denali EV (paid deposit, estimated delivery 2024), both of which have confirmed and locked in pricing.
Yes, it's a bitter pill to swallow, if you were willing to stump up the additional money for the 2nd payment. I'm in the same position regarding the double cab, which initially was supposed to be only a little behind the station wagon but seems to have drifted further behind as time has moved on.

Ineos have perhaps lost an opportunity to have a grateful cohort of early adoptors in the US.

I've not looked at the Denali EV, but the Rivian looks an intriguing proposition. If it gets over to the UK, I might be having a look at it.

travelerBT

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:25 PM
Reaction score
I realize that pricing hasn't been release for the US, however, it is disappointing that there was an increase before we were even given the chance to order... I get it... I really do... but is still stinks.

Am I still going to purchase?!? Of course :). But was hoping to tell all of my jeep junkie friends that "its better and it was the same price!" ... oh well...

Deleted User Account.

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
In the US your prices haven’t gone up at all.
You haven’t had any pricing so far that I am aware of so damn hard to have a price increase.
That's not accurate since Ineos could have released pricing info already and made a commitment to early adopters to honor that price. That's the expectation in this market. Otherwise there's no incentive to wait.

Back
Top Bottom