The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

New member UK

FlyingTrotter

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:46 AM
Reaction score
Just cancelled a new FFRR order and ordered a Grenadier - current provisional,spec is a Fieldmaster in magic mushroom with the petrol engine on the BF Goodrich tyres - still a bit conflicted about the engine - would prefer diesel but concerned that it will be challenging having a diesel in London with all the emissions focus as they seek to block all diesels over the coming years - am I too pessimistic - I know the Gredadier is currently ULEZ compliant

anyone more positive about diesel in major urban areas - main use will be shooting fishing and trips with family and dog so will get off road usage and some motorways but often starting in north London

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Not sure what Sadiq Kahnt has instore for Londoners but if you plan to use it as a London escape car then the odd future surcharge you might be able to stomach, as a daily around town maybe not. Petrol however seems like a fine motor.

I've gone derv fyi but live outside the Ol' Town.

Khalfan323

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just cancelled a new FFRR order and ordered a Grenadier - current provisional,spec is a Fieldmaster in magic mushroom with the petrol engine on the BF Goodrich tyres - still a bit conflicted about the engine - would prefer diesel but concerned that it will be challenging having a diesel in London with all the emissions focus as they seek to block all diesels over the coming years - am I too pessimistic - I know the Gredadier is currently ULEZ compliant

anyone more positive about diesel in major urban areas - main use will be shooting fishing and trips with family and dog so will get off road usage and some motorways but often starting in north London
Petrol. Given the traffic and the unlikelihood of generating enough heat to clear the DPF at 20mph, I wouldn’t risk it. That’s what I went for anyway.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Petrol. Given the traffic and the unlikelihood of generating enough heat to clear the DPF at 20mph, I wouldn’t risk it. That’s what I went for anyway.
I don't know for certain but the BMW B57 engine seems to have only 3 parameters for regen cut off:
Screenshot_20230503_072735.jpg
And there's a service function “Diesel particulate filter regeneration”, which in the case of the Bx7 engines, can be done via the service function and can be performed while stationary.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:46 PM
Reaction score
I don't know for certain but the BMW B57 engine seems to have only 3 parameters for regen cut off:
View attachment 7810258
And there's a service function “Diesel particulate filter regeneration”, which in the case of the Bx7 engines, can be done via the service function and can be performed while stationary.
It is also blocked when wading mode selected

FlyingTrotter

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yep - I have a FFRR currently and was out at an independent getting the rear pads and discs changed earlier as no life left - I asked the owner his thoughts and he said the same thing about DPF issues being a driver behind going for the petrol engine

going to see a vehicle at the agents in Chiswick and will make a final decision

FlyingTrotter

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just been to INEOS Chiswick and it was a great experience - guy was super helpful and knowledgeable and seemed to be happy to be doing his job - the contrast with JLR and my dealings over a new RR could not have been any bigger

a guy was collecting his and we say maybe 20 customer vehicles waiting for collection

I tweaked my spec - staying with Fieldmaster in MM on the grey alloys with the BF Goodrich tyres - added a black contrast roof and the side runners - it’s so high it would be challenging operating without and I decided I liked the functional look so dropped the id3a of going with after market version

The most popular colour seems to be black - at least amongst the cars they had - I like it - quite G- wagon like but I have had some black vehicles inc my current vehicle and fancy a change

i saw the prototype and was on the off road demo so was good to see the production version - the really big change is the safari sky lights which I think are brilliant - really raises the roof line above driver and passenger and reduces the “letterbox” windscreen feel

Attachments

• IMG_0659.png
    IMG_0659.png
    431.6 KB · Views: 10

FlyingTrotter

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Am I missing something or is it possible to specify a vehicle cheaper in the UK starting with a base station wagon and adding extras rather than using the Fieldmaster ?

I had a play on the configurator and I was pretty sure the exact same spec came in a few thousand cheaper - maybe there are no cost features of the Fieldmaster I am missing which makes all the difference - can’t be the cost I don’t really want 😀😀😀

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Am I missing something or is it possible to specify a vehicle cheaper in the UK starting with a base station wagon and adding extras rather than using the Fieldmaster ?

I had a play on the configurator and I was pretty sure the exact same spec came in a few thousand cheaper - maybe there are no cost features of the Fieldmaster I am missing which makes all the difference - can’t be the cost I don’t really want 😀😀😀
2" rear leg room

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
And if it isn’t a Fieldmaster or Trialmaster which are both M1 it’s then a commercial vehicle in the U.K. whether it’s a 5 seat station wagon N1 or a two seat utility N1 with lower road tax costs but lower speeds also as per discussions on other threads.

FlyingTrotter

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Loving the positivity of this forum - I suppose I joined at the right time as vehicles starting arriving - reminds me a lot of the old Ariel Atom forum with a host of knowledgable people around the world enthusiastic about the vehicle and willing to share information and ideas - a nice change from some of the other car orientated forums that are increasingly angry places with a lot aggressive posts - maybe this place was different before vehicles started arriving 😀IMG_0107.jpeg

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:46 AM
Reaction score
Loving the positivity of this forum - I suppose I joined at the right time as vehicles starting arriving - reminds me a lot of the old Ariel Atom forum with a host of knowledgable people around the world enthusiastic about the vehicle and willing to share information and ideas - a nice change from some of the other car orientated forums that are increasingly angry places with a lot aggressive posts - maybe this place was different before vehicles started arriving 😀View attachment 7811823
No we all have been a bunch of gentle sheeps from the very start.
Well, except of one or two maybe 🤔

Last edited:

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
10:46 PM
Reaction score
FlyingTrotter, f**k off and take your Atom with you, we don’t like strangers here !!

Is that aggressive enough for you and make you feel more at home ? 😃

I think your tweaks on the IG have turned a good looking car into a real head turner mate.

I am loving those 17” alloys a lot, not so much the 18” as I don’t like the silver strip round the outside but that’s just me.

The black contrast roof really suits the MM as well.

It is definitely one of the 275 combinations I have looked at 😝

Back
Top Bottom