The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

New Member in Chicago Illinois

AAP

Local time
8:46 AM
Reaction score
Hello Everyone, I am a new member getting ready to place my order for a Grenadier Fieldmaster, I am currently mulling over the need for the front and rear differential locks, as I will not be doing any high-level or extreme offroading; I would appreciate any advice on whether to include this option. Thank you and I look forward to reading the many comments on this forum.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:46 AM
Reaction score
Hello Everyone, I am a new member getting ready to place my order for a Grenadier Fieldmaster, I am currently mulling over the need for the front and rear differential locks, as I will not be doing any high-level or extreme offroading; I would appreciate any advice on whether to include this option. Thank you and I look forward to reading the many comments on this forum.
From my point of view, you also have to use them if you have them installed. If you don't ride in difficult terrain, you won't need them. The centre differential lock is usually sufficient.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:46 PM
Reaction score
the cost is less than 5% of total cost and it will help you retain the value of the car better imo ( look at the value of used 80 series triple locked vs center locked only) so Ithink you should order the truck with the lockers.
If he doesn't plan to resell it, like I do, he should buy what he thinks he needs. But you are certainly right, reselling a triple lock Grenadier will be easier!
I hope this will be my last car. I will not sell it, unless I can't climb in it anymore! I am almost 67. I have the triple lock.

flynnsk

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Do It Reaction GIF

lagartoboy

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
My thought is why pay $2,250 for something you won’t use. This is a very capable off-road vehicle without the front and rear locks.

flynnsk

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If/When the time comes for you to get your city sticker in Chicago, I want to pass along a hearty "You're Welcome!" :)
We had the honor of being the very 1st Grenadier in Chicago. Ineos Automotive, nor the VIN produced any matches so we waited a while as they used our info to add to their database.

AAP

Local time
Reaction score
Thank you all for your comments and advice, I think I will order the lockers for the resale value, although I expect to keep this unique vehicle, you never know. Thanks again everyone, I will let you know when I receive delivery.

AAP

Local time
Reaction score
If/When the time comes for you to get your city sticker in Chicago, I want to pass along a hearty "You're Welcome!" :)
We had the honor of being the very 1st Grenadier in Chicago. Ineos Automotive, nor the VIN produced any matches so we waited a while as they used our info to add to their database.
I do thank you for that, it will certainly be easier to register my Granidair thanks to you!

Back
Top Bottom