The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

New Forum Member

Local time
4:16 PM
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I currently own a 2018 Jeep Rubicon but it's starting to give me trouble and I am looking for a replacement. I reserved a Grenadier last year but I have not ruled out the 2022 Lexus GX-460 or LX-600.

Most important to me is reliability. I would have purchased a used Land Cruiser but after Toyota announced they would no longer import them into the US, the asking prices went astronomical.

I owned a 2006 LR-3 (sold it) and had a lot of mechanical issues with it so I am not considering a Land Rover.

I wasn't able to attend the live showing in Los Angeles last month so I would love to hear members comment on how that went.

Javier

Local time
9:16 PM
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that your Rubicon has been giving you trouble…I don’t want to highjack the topic, but I’m curious about what kind of trouble your Jeep’s been giving you…I’ve had my my 2006 TJ since new and it still drives like new…Lucky it has the I6 engine I guess…

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
2:16 PM
Reaction score
Local time
Reaction score
Regarding the question what problems have plagued my Wrangler: throw-out bearing shot; ESP malfunctioning; navigation program can't save settings - reverts back to default. Hopefully, that's it. Waiting for the next shoe to drop!

Local time
Reaction score
Those are nice photos. Never seen it in light blue with white contrast. Looks great!

Local time
9:16 PM
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=Javier  javcol userid=8882046 postid=1331780537]Regarding the question what problems have plagued my Wrangler: throw-out bearing shot; ESP malfunctioning; navigation program can't save settings - reverts back to default. Hopefully, that's it. Waiting for the next shoe to drop![/QUOTE]

Sorry to hear that… It sounds like the JK clutch design might be quite different from the TJ design… I don’t have that many miles on my Jeep, but I’ve been driving it for 16 years and I’m still on the original clutch with no problems… Your clutch is probably fine too, but this link might be of some interest you…:

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stock-jk-tech-12/stupid-throwout-bearing-302500/

Local time
Reaction score
Thanks for the link. I read it. Same problem I am having. I had a 1995 Wrangler Sport that had a bad clutch too. Lexus is looking better and better (Grenadier too.)

Back
Top Bottom