The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

New Events Open for Registration - US

Local time
3:14 PM
Reaction score
Hi, just saw this:

Arizona, Georgia, Florida are newly open for registration. I think they're newly opened up?
Sucks, it's spring break here for most Georgians so I'll be toying around costa Rica in a landcruiser on vacation with the family. I suspect quite a few other reservation holders have plans to be out of town already too.

And why schedule these on a Wednesday and Thursday? Dumb.

Thanks Ineos.

Last edited:
Local time
12:14 PM
Reaction score
I love how the dates are oftentimes weekdays. Guess they feel we're all self-employed and/or independently wealthy :rolleyes: And stillllllllllllllll no DC-area dates.
In all "fairness", they did show DC not until April. Did you get the email today as it also listed:

APRIL 2023

⬥ Raleigh/Charlotte region, NC
⬥ Denver region, CO
⬥ Salt Lake City region, UT
⬥ Washington DC region

MAY 2023

⬥ New York region, NY
⬥ Seattle region, WA
⬥ Vancouver region, BC
⬥ Chicago region, IL
⬥ Toronto region, ON

Local time
Reaction score
In all "fairness", they did show DC not until April. Did you get the email today as it also listed:

APRIL 2023

⬥ Raleigh/Charlotte region, NC
⬥ Denver region, CO
⬥ Salt Lake City region, UT
⬥ Washington DC region

MAY 2023

⬥ New York region, NY
⬥ Seattle region, WA
⬥ Vancouver region, BC
⬥ Chicago region, IL
⬥ Toronto region, ON
I did...as well as the last one that mentioned the same. A bit unreasonable, though, to say "See ya in a few weeks!" when that could result in very little heads up for folks that actually need to plan for things; particularly if said things are in the middle of the week. This seems to be par for the course with them, though. On the plus side, the months didn't slip like they did with the last notice. NC was, originally, supposed to be in March according to the December notice.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'll be going to the New York area one - but I'm very curious where it will be held.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:14 PM
Reaction score
Sucks, it's spring break here for most Georgians so I'll be toying around costa Rica in a landcruiser on vacation with the family. I suspect quite a few other reservation holders have plans to be out of town already too.

And why schedule these on a Wednesday and Thursday? Dumb.

Thanks Ineos.
Toying around in Costa Rica does sound quite good so don’t be to angry!

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I got off the phone with Ineos because my email hasn't been corrected. The guy I spoke to was super helpful and figured out what was occurring. Anyways, he asked about was I thinking about buying or if was I all in. Told him I am all in and I was excited to drive it. He started the Seattle test drive will tentatively around 5/20 to 23. Told him the 21st is my Birthday and I plan on driving it on my Birthday. He said let's make this happen. Nice guy and I feel like the US momentum is much higher than Ineos expected. the question around trying or buying is to figure out resrvation holders versus tire kickers.

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yeah, I wish they would put out what the other dates are even if they are preliminary. I travel a lot, so I might not be able to make the Colorado one, but I’ve got enough miles that I can jump on a plane and be anywhere really.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Yeah, I wish they would put out what the other dates are even if they are preliminary. I travel a lot, so I might not be able to make the Colorado one, but I’ve got enough miles that I can jump on a plane and be anywhere really.
I said the same thing. I explained that I have a division in Phx and could hop on a plane to visit the office and drive the Grenadier.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
Come to LA next Wednesday, I'll pick you up

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Been waiting for this email for a month.

Sent in my request for Phoenix, Wednesday at 11. We'll see...

Reservations made at a hotel on the north side of Phoenix, as the venue is 3.5 hours from my house.

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I said the same thing. I explained that I have a division in Phx and could hop on a plane to visit the office and drive the Grenadier.
Come to LA next Wednesday, I'll pick you up
I’d totally do that, if I were not already being on a trip. It’s funny that they think that we can take off during the week to spend a day there, but didn’t think travel. Of course, they are pretty generous with the locations, but a lot of people will have to travel. I’m not the biggest road warrior, but I’ll have two EU trips and 10 domestic by the end of March. It‘s not a Boeing to me, it’s a bus…

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
I’d totally do that, if I were not already being on a trip. It’s funny that they think that we can take off during the week to spend a day there, but didn’t think travel. Of course, they are pretty generous with the locations, but a lot of people will have to travel. I’m not the biggest road warrior, but I’ll have two EU trips and 10 domestic by the end of March. It‘s not a Boeing to me, it’s a bus…
I was in a similar situation. Working in Germany and living in LA. Back 3 times a month for long weekends.

Should things change let me know :)

But to your point of the dates. I’m surprised there are not more weekend events. Playing hooky from work to test drive a vehicle is a bit of a stretch for most.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I was in a similar situation. Working in Germany and living in LA. Back 3 times a month for long weekends.

Should things change let me know :)

But to your point of the dates. I’m surprised there are not more weekend events. Playing hooky from work to test drive a vehicle is a bit of a stretch for most.
Week day events prevents tire kickers

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
Week day events prevents tire kickers
True. But it’s invitation only. I already want one without driving, someone else may be on the fence and a drive pushes them in the right direction.

At least that’s my rationale.

I’m just happy that INEOS are hosting these events. Not many other manufacturers would do that on this scale with pre production vehicles.

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
True. But it’s invitation only. I already want one without driving, someone else may be on the fence and a drive pushes them in the right direction.

At least that’s my rationale.

I’m just happy that INEOS are hosting these events. Not many other manufacturers would do that on this scale with pre production vehicles.
They kind of have to. Putting down $75k+ on a car that you have never driven lot alone seen, no one else owns and is brand new? Gotta think outside the box…

Local time
Reaction score
They kind of have to. Putting down $75k+ on a car that you have never driven lot alone seen, no one else owns and is brand new? Gotta think outside the box…
That's the thing though, for the reservation holders, they should make the events more accessible by hosting on weekends (and not during vacation breaks). I won't buy one if I can't drive it first and kick the tires.

Back
Top Bottom