The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Metric or Standard?

LeftCoastOverland

Production/Transit
Local time
6:43 AM
Reaction score
For those of you who are turning wrenches…

My question is: Are all bolt heads on the Grenadier Metric (I’m assuming “yes”)

I just gave away all my standard tools. Hope I don’t have to buy them again.
Thanks!

Clark Kent

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yep. Metric. But there is a maddening mix of hex head, torx and security torx with no obvious reason why each type was used. A real lottery. I'm reminded of an aircraft type I worked on previously that was a joint French-German collaboration. You could see in the fastener selection where one stopped and the other started. Quite different approaches used.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yep. Metric. But there is a maddening mix of hex head, torx and security torx with no obvious reason why each type was used. A real lottery. I'm reminded of an aircraft type I worked on previously that was a joint French-German collaboration. You could see in the fastener selection where one stopped and the other started. Quite different approaches used.
I was initally surprised by this mix as well... however I suspect the torx may be used especially where semi-robotics /full robotics are used in the assembly and the security torx are an Ineos signal to DIYers "DON'T TOUCH!"🙃

Back
Top Bottom