The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Look what I just passed...

beg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:09 PM
Reaction score
it looks abandoned

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
7:09 PM
Reaction score
Yeah, they have taken all the money and now sit in the Carrebean.

beg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:09 PM
Reaction score
wish i was with them

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
That's now going into deep language skills and can hardly be understood by a non native english speaker.

I do understand each single word but can not get the point of having something to do with a diet matter ... 🤔

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Sounds like I don't have a serious lack of language skills. :cool:

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
5:09 AM
Reaction score
"I need to leave my past behind. I need to leave my behind in the past"
- B52s , Detour Through Your Mind :D

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:09 AM
Reaction score
That's now going into deep language skills and can hardly be understood by a non native english speaker.

I do understand each single word but can not get the point of having something to do with a diet matter ... 🤔
I've been thinking about this for a while..
I am humbled by the English proficiency of our European "co-enthusiasts" for whom English is probably one of several languages in which they're able to converse. My French and Latin skills (Melbourne proper education 60 yrs ago (y) ) are at best rudimentary. "Science" German was compulsory for chemistry classes at Uni....Sadly I did not maintain it. Now that there are two generations added to my "extended" family, we have Dutch, French, Swahili /Congolese (!), Cantonese, Swedish ..."American" and "Scottish" and Italian...what a polyglot lot we are and all the better for it.
I've probably had one red wine too many and become philosophical...:rolleyes:
😇

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:09 PM
Reaction score
@DenisM
Vizuri hiyo ni nzuri! Nadhani ni muhimu kwamba watoto wetu wakue katika lugha nyingi. Uliza kama INEOS pia huchapisha Kitabu cha Grenadier's Handbook katika Kiswahili. ;)

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:09 AM
Reaction score
@DenisM
Vizuri hiyo ni nzuri! Nadhani ni muhimu kwamba watoto wetu wakue katika lugha nyingi. Uliza kama INEOS pia huchapisha Kitabu cha Grenadier's Handbook katika Kiswahili. ;)
Nitawafanya watu wangu wawaulize watu wao ....
where would we be without goolge!! :unsure::LOL:

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Nitawafanya watu wangu wawaulize watu wao ....
where would we be without goolge!! :unsure::LOL:
(y) That's right! The world has changed rapidly. But I think it's great when this forum brings us together. If the distances weren't so far, I would love to meet Grenadier drivers in person. That can only be an enrichment!

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@DenisM
na jambo kuu ni kwamba kila mtu anaweza kutafsiri, wakati ana uwezo wa kutumia mtafsiri wa Google

😂

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Maybe I'll meet 2 of you when I pick up my Grenadier in the middle of nowhere in November.😁

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
I've been thinking about this for a while..
I am humbled by the English proficiency of our European "co-enthusiasts" for whom English is probably one of several languages in which they're able to converse. My French and Latin skills (Melbourne proper education 60 yrs ago (y) ) are at best rudimentary. "Science" German was compulsory for chemistry classes at Uni....Sadly I did not maintain it. Now that there are two generations added to my "extended" family, we have Dutch, French, Swahili /Congolese (!), Cantonese, Swedish ..."American" and "Scottish" and Italian...what a polyglot lot we are and all the better for it.
I've probably had one red wine too many and become philosophical...:rolleyes:
😇

Don't worry and enjoy your red wine ;-)

As far as I am concerned, I had to repeat a school-class due to my miserable English (and Latin as well).

But in the meantime I have been a software developer since almost 40 years now. And that forced me to learn English as programming languages are strongly based on English, let alone the manuals and tutorials you have to read and to understand. I even had to understand freelancer contracts which was the hardest part.

I worked in CZ, CH, NL and IT, as well as in Geneva (CH) which is purely french. When I was young, I had a girlfriend in southern France, and from 2007 to 2019 I was the technical lead of a project in Italy. Another challenge was my exam and permit to talk English over the airplane radio.

I had so to say no other chance than to learn English, Italian and French. So with my remaining fragments of Latin I kinda speak five languages now. There is however a big difference between a programming language manual and reading "The Sun". To really understand the latter one, often already fails at the headlines. :ROFLMAO:

I then go to urbandictionary.com where you find words and idioms you'll never learn at school. ;-)

So the internet helps a lot. ;-)

Last edited:

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I am a typical Brit (much to my embarrassmen), I speak English, and if people can’t understand it I make it blatantly obvious what I am saying by saying it again very slowly in a raised voice.

If you can’t understand me then, you must be stupid !!…yes told you I was a typical Brit.

To you guys who dont have English as their first language, I am impressed as it is near on perfect and only occasionally do I see a few words ’out of order” for the way I would say it.

I am embarrassed for myself and many of my countrymen (and women).

Back
Top Bottom