The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Local Gold Coast Dealer

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:03 PM
Reaction score
Hi Dave, I thought that the "VAT" (=GST? ) was included in the original base price of the Grenadier (A$96,500 for Trialmaster and Fieldmaster) ...that's how they were supposed to legally announce the prices then add on-road costs which refer to State Stam duty, CTP and rego etc. Once the base cost (price inc. GST + options (incl GST) but excluding "on road costs" exceeds $100k in Qld ...even by 1 cent the total stamp duty climbs from 3.5% to 5.5% on the whole amount, including the gst component. I would love to think that there's $10,484 too much in your account!!
I upgraded to a Trialmaster and late last night checked with "London" (actually "Liverpool") to ask what was actually on their "screen". The lass confirmed that the Trialmaster plus options were now listed against my original order number and the total cost on the road" was $104,961.56 ...Trialmaster plus side runners, picnic table, half height cargo barrier and front tow plate. The "dutiable" cost for the Queensland State Stamp duty was based on about A$98,985...GST inclusive. There's no separate VAT. Hope this helps...

EDIT: A quick 'back of an envelope' calculation indicates to me that the $10,484 approximates the Luxury Car Tax (LCT) amount which the Australian Tax Office announced back in June/July does not apply.... :unsure:

Last edited:

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Dave, I thought that the "VAT" (=GST? ) was included in the original base price of the Grenadier (A$96,500 for Trialmaster and Fieldmaster) ...that's how they were supposed to legally announce the prices then add on-road costs which refer to State Stam duty, CTP and rego etc. Once the base cost (price inc. GST + options (incl GST) but excluding "on road costs" exceeds $100k in Qld ...even by 1 cent the total stamp duty climbs from 3.5% to 5.5% on the whole amount, including the gst component. I would love to think that there's $10,484 too much in your account!!
I upgraded to a Trialmaster and late last night checked with "London" (actually "Liverpool") to ask what was actually on their "screen". The lass confirmed that the Trialmaster plus options were now listed against my original order number and the total cost on the road" was $104,961.56 ...Trialmaster plus side runners, picnic table, half height cargo barrier and front tow plate. The "dutiable" cost for the Queensland State Stamp duty was based on about A$98,985...GST inclusive. There's no separate VAT. Hope this helps...

EDIT: A quick 'back of an envelope' calculation indicates to me that the $10,484 approximates the Luxury Car Tax (LCT) amount which the Australian Tax Office announced back in June/July does not apply.... :unsure:
I was just advised to ignore the prices and it will be correct on the contract
The changes I made today also used the new higher pricing which will also be corrected
Hopefully that means money in my pocket.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:03 AM
Reaction score
He said with Christmas coming up it will probably be second week of January but could be the first week
Sounds like you've a tiptop agent right there. It's the enthusiasm which makes the bond, means they'll find a way of making the process (and after delivery) as good as it could be. Of course the enthusiasm needs to be well placed and not just directed at one's pocket.

Fingers crossed for contract soon.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Found the strange pricing difference
My original order was $111,960 including GST plus on road costs which took it to $121K
On the new one they have priced it without GST so it comes to $102K and then they have added the GST at the end under VAT heading
GST is Goods & Services Tax for people from other countries
It has to be included in all retail prices, but is not included in business pricing, as most businesses get to claim it back from their tax

1671225109910.png

Back
Top Bottom