The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Limiting signatures to a few lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:19 AM
Reaction score
In the land of the blind ..... in reality all he did was unbolt bits and say 'look whats under here'. He had one of the early cars so he was able to post quite a few pictures and bits of obviousness but in reality he had the technical sympathy of a sledge hammer and the mechanical capability of a jam doughnut.
Which became very obvious as more and more people got cars and the technical/intelligence level of the owners/group increased.

One of his other qualities was posting images from other groups without attribution. I'm surprised there weren't any copyright issues especially as he would often leave people to believe it was his content.
And then there was the "you can't post that there, you need a new thread - look - i've created one for you" and the, "i've copied your post to 'this-thread' as it's already being discussed" period.
In my opinion he was a complete deuterostome.

I think several people told him to fuck off (I was one) which (thankfully) he eventually did.
This group is now a more balanced and technically resourced/detailed space.
If you want to find out about Grenny's here is 'the place'.
Technical answers, new kit, faults and repairs, local meets/info etc. The good the bad and the ugly, this group/forum offers both a social and an informative location for everything INEOS Automotive.

View attachment 7851929
Is there any need for this nonsense. Just live and let live 🤔

desertdefender

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:19 PM
Reaction score
Yea, and the presentation was necessary to make the point.

Ig just broke out the "newbie" trope which denigrates all newcomers to secondary citizen status. I personally find that much more concerning than a terse "call out" as THAT most certainly is a poison pill for a forum. I notice no one corrected him. I'm a rule of law kinda person. right is right. I don't do popularity contests.

Well, then don't be triggered by a single call out.

You get it.

This was never about the guy in Arizona but his sig had to be visually quoted to make the point. But here we are with everybody dogpiling on because some of you guys are super internet friends or something. Now you guys are part of the problem and @Zimm has correctly identified that clowns like some of you are why forums get toxic to new members.

I really don't care if some of you hate me, block me, adjust your sigs. You're proving my point and it is unsurprising that the people accusing me of taking the low road (which I didn't) are actually the ones acting poorly.

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
8:19 PM
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
The second bullet point on @Stu_Barnes little missive is

• Use good taste when posting and while I don't mind the occasional expletives, please do not use them in a derogatory way toward a member, their vehicle, a brand, or anything else. Slander and racial slurs are not allowed with no exceptions. Deliberate trolling will not be tolerated. Having said that though, you are expected to take a critique of your opinion on the chin and not just complain to the moderators. If you say something pretty silly then you'll probably get called out for it.
Sort yourselves out fast or we will do it for you. Please reread your content and make such edits as you see fit to remain within the above context.

I will ask @Stu_Barnes to consider his signature policy, but I anticipate that change is likely to be slow or even minor as you have the ability to switch them off. I do not use a phone to read the forum normally as I have a desktop and several large screens. Stu may want to make changes to manage bandwidth and that is his prerogative.

Last edited:
Local time
5:19 PM
Reaction score

Ig just broke out the "newbie" trope which denigrates all newcomers to secondary citizen status. I personally find that much more concerning than a terse "call out" as THAT most certainly is a poison pill for a forum. I notice no one corrected him. I'm a rule of law kinda person. right is right. I don't do popularity contests.

See, thats where some folks miss the point.
Rule of law guy?
Seriously, this is a forum for a truck.
Lets not overstate the importance.
Rule of law guy its about being a dick. Some might call it approach, some might call it other things.
THATS why he got called out on it.

Local time
Reaction score

Im not.
Im not angry.
Im not asking for a whole forum to change for me.

I joined the forum, the forum didnt join me.
Rule of law?

ScottnAZ

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Can you start a new threat on how to ignore people? Ready to learn and follow your lead.

(emphasis: not sarcasm)
I assume you meant thread, not threat….😁. Simply click on the username to access their profile, from there select the ‘ignore’ button and voila, like magic they disappear from your radar.

IMG_2154.jpeg

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:19 PM
Reaction score
You get it.

This was never about the guy in Arizona but his sig had to be visually quoted to make the point. But here we are with everybody dogpiling on because some of you guys are super internet friends or something. Now you guys are part of the problem and @Zimm has correctly identified that clowns like some of you are why forums get toxic to new members.

I really don't care if some of you hate me, block me, adjust your sigs. You're proving my point and it is unsurprising that the people accusing me of taking the low road (which I didn't) are actually the ones acting poorly.

I think your tone and attitude suck, especially as a guy who runs another forum. I'd think you could have learned some diplomacy over the years.

I do, however agree that it would make sense to have some sort of common sense limitation on the length of signatures.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
Gosh this one went pretty bad.

To reiterate @Jeremy996 above. Please use respect when referring to each other, I don’t think we need to resort to foul language, petty name calling or any other slurs. As some of you have been using forums for a long time I would have thought it pretty self evident.

Memes are pretty redundant on this thread as they are on some others. The only saving grace is that I won’t get as much heat on this thread as from the one about Lynn Calder.

I’ll speak to the other moderators about signatures.

A note about accounts. If you have been blocked by someone they cannot see anything you post unless it has been reposted by someone else.

With regards to if you think someone is out of order or behaving incorrectly, then a polite direct message seems to work wonders at least in my limited experience of a few years here. You may find that they were behaving inadvertently so and didn’t realize they were causing offense. If that fails then there is the form reporting system.

Finishing up, it’s pretty sad that @Jeremy996 first action as moderator was on this thread. I was hoping it would have been some spam or an inadvertent double post. So sorry for that Jeremy.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom