The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

L-Track Usage: Does anyone use it already for anything?

denym_

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:51 AM
Reaction score
So far the only thing I found is the BlackSheep table or just putting a hanger up for the jacket. Every build out there seems to concentrate on mole and/or roof systems.
I'm about to get some recovery boards and was wondering that those Utility Belts might be useful for it. Anyone had any success with that or anything else?

best

letmedriveTX

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
6:51 PM
Reaction score
I don't know if this is the right place to post this (maybe there already is an L-track wish-list thread) but I would like to see a bike repair arm that mounts in that track so I can lift my bicycle off the ground to clean or do repairs.

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:51 PM
Reaction score
I didn’t get the side utility belts. I could not see a good use for them, and seriously thought I might drive away with something still connected. I don’t use molle or any gizmos that attach to the roof lashing rails either.

I do use the cargo utility rails regularly and strap gear down almost every day.

Andrew Kilby

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:51 AM
Reaction score
I use the cargo l track to mount a base board that has my fridge and other things fixed to it. i found the tracks so useful that I mounted some more on the top of my draw. The external ones are a different story. I have used them but just because I could not because I needed to.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:51 AM
Reaction score
I use the external L-tracks when I am travelling to mount a small removable table, even my wife liked the idea:
20240406_140116.jpg

If you want to know how I made it, you can find the explanation in this post:

BenTN

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I don't know if this is the right place to post this (maybe there already is an L-track wish-list thread) but I would like to see a bike repair arm that mounts in that track so I can lift my bicycle off the ground to clean or do repairs.
This is a great idea. Is there an off-the-shelf bike repair arm that you would want to see attached?

We could make an adapter plate/bracket that would interface with the Grenadier Utility Belt L-track and allow something like the clamp arm below to be bolted on.

BenTN

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So far the only thing I found is the BlackSheep table or just putting a hanger up for the jacket. Every build out there seems to concentrate on mole and/or roof systems.
I'm about to get some recovery boards and was wondering that those Utility Belts might be useful for it. Anyone had any success with that or anything else?

best
I haven't used the Utility Belt tracks yet at all. I agree that we haven't seen a lot of great applications out there so far for REMOVABLE items. The L-track really makes sense for things that are to be removed during driving, otherwise whatever it is should probably just be bolted in place. I suppose the re-positionable tie-downs are theoretically helpful, but I have yet to encounter a situation where that was my best option.

I'm looking at making a mount for a propane camp stove/griddle (borrowed from my travel trailer / caravan) to hang on the utility belt. I wish there was a good side step option (for reaching the roof rack) but these all seem to attach to the door hinges. Probably for rigidity.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:51 AM
Reaction score
I haven't used the Utility Belt tracks yet at all. I agree that we haven't seen a lot of great applications out there so far for REMOVABLE items. The L-track really makes sense for things that are to be removed during driving, otherwise whatever it is should probably just be bolted in place. I suppose the re-positionable tie-downs are theoretically helpful, but I have yet to encounter a situation where that was my best option.

I'm looking at making a mount for a propane camp stove/griddle (borrowed from my travel trailer / caravan) to hang on the utility belt. I wish there was a good side step option (for reaching the roof rack) but these all seem to attach to the door hinges. Probably for rigidity.
There's a weight limit for the utility belts... 10-15kg per (upper) hook, 5-10kg on lower doors or approx. 45kg total on each door. (see Owner's Manual Pge 89)

letmedriveTX

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
6:51 PM
Reaction score
This is a great idea. Is there an off-the-shelf bike repair arm that you would want to see attached?

We could make an adapter plate/bracket that would interface with the Grenadier Utility Belt L-track and allow something like the clamp arm below to be bolted on.

Yes! Something like that. As long as the center of gravity is correct. Sometimes I just don't like leaning my bike against the car so it would be nice to hang it before a ride as I'm getting ready and after a ride when I'm wiping it down. And sometimes I need to do some "work" on it but the tires need to spin so it has to be off the ground. This would be very helpful if it can hold the weight.

Back
Top Bottom