The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

It's moving on...

alvan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:04 PM
Reaction score
I just received a communication from Ineos that my Grenadier is in production, to choose the type of payment, and to immediately contact the dealer for any trade-ins.
I immediately called the dealer who seemed very knowledgeable.
The car should be at the dealer in late April, early May.
It seems that by now the new releases no longer have certification problems.
They are just waiting to know if the Defender will pay me directly and I will pay Ineos in full, or I will pay Ineos only the difference
Unfortunately I have just been discharged for a major heart surgery and I will be banned from driving the car for three months... Not it matters, the important thing is to have it in the garage!

aldo

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:04 PM
Reaction score
I just received a communication from Ineos that my Grenadier is in production, to choose the type of payment, and to immediately contact the dealer for any trade-ins.
I immediately called the dealer who seemed very knowledgeable.
The car should be at the dealer in late April, early May.
It seems that by now the new releases no longer have certification problems.
They are just waiting to know if the Defender will pay me directly and I will pay Ineos in full, or I will pay Ineos only the difference
Unfortunately I have just been discharged for a major heart surgery and I will be banned from driving the car for three months... Not it matters, the important thing is to have it in the garage!

aldo
Thanks Alvan, by chance what was your RESERVATION date? Not order date. Just seeing how this stacks up with the rest of us in the queue!

Reactions: PBD

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
The most important thing is that your pump will keep doing for a while now ...

Deleted User Account.

Reservation Holder
Local time
12:04 PM
Reaction score
They seriously have a law there saying you cant drive for three months after surgery? Due to what, stress? Why not just order people's spouses away from them for a few months instead if you want to increase survival rate?

alvan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
They seriously have a law there saying you cant drive for three months after surgery? Due to what, stress? Why not just order people's spouses away from them for a few months instead if you want to increase survival rate?
It is not required by law, but just a common sense rule prescribed by doctors.The sternum is open in front of the heart and the deployment of an airbag would be enough to generate a disaster, and that is enough to recommend traveling in the back seat, just as they advise me against my cycling, due to the risk of a fall. I would say that I could consider it my right to do as I please, but in a country where I haven't paid a single euro for a highly complex operation, it is also my civic sense not to ruin the work done at public expense...

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:04 PM
Reaction score
It is not required by law, but just a common sense rule prescribed by doctors.The sternum is open in front of the heart and the deployment of an airbag would be enough to generate a disaster, and that is enough to recommend traveling in the back seat, just as they advise me against my cycling, due to the risk of a fall. I would say that I could consider it my right to do as I please, but in a country where I haven't paid a single euro for a highly complex operation, it is also my civic sense not to ruin the work done at public expense...
Not to mention keeping you alive till the sternum heals 👍

Deleted User Account.

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
That makes more sense and it's the smart approach.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
@alvan well said!

And the docs want to save their ass. "I had told him not to drive!". A bit like "Don't put a cat in the microwave oven!".

alvan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@alvan well said!

And the docs want to save their ass. "I had told him not to drive!". A bit like "Don't put a cat in the microwave oven!".
The problem, in this case, is that the cat in the microwave would be me...

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:04 AM
Reaction score
Call the INEOS helpline and ask for the VIN.

They don't have it at their fingertips but will contact their production team and revert via email 1 day later

Local time
3:04 AM
Reaction score

They don't have it at their fingertips but will contact their production team and revert via email 1 day later
Sorry you mean this number on their website?
It looks like a VIC number in AU?

DDG

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
This would be the correct take. There are many medical diagnoses that require temporary suspension of driving licensure. It is almost always asked and done voluntarily. At least in the United States. More often a diagnosed new seizure disorder will find its way to the local DMV, and driving privileges will be suspended until cleared by an appropriate physician. Obviously getting behind the wheel of a multi ton vehicle is not a civil right.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

I asked them and the told me to send it to me…
… I am waiting for a month now😀

Back
Top Bottom