The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Italian delivery

alvan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:12 AM
Reaction score
Received registration and license plate! Car ready. On July 13, I will fly by plane and then return home by ferry with the Gren! I guess that is one of the very first delivered in Italy...

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:12 PM
Reaction score
Received registration and license plate! Car ready. On July 13, I will fly by plane and then return home by ferry with the Gren! I guess that is one of the very first delivered in Italy...
But you are not in Italy???
I caught the overnight ferry from Civitavecchia to Olbia, then picked up a Fiat 500 and drove around the island for a few days until catching the ferry from Cagliari to Palermo.
Drove straight out of Palermo and stayed in a lovely little fishing village called Santa Flavia for a week as a base around northern Sicily
I was told by the people of both Sardinia and Sicily that they are not Italian.
1688415481902.png1688415766949.png

Pat

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Typical Italian narrative ;-)
My IG handover is planned on 11 July in Northern Italy. Let's see.

alvan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yep... I'm definitely in Italy... Sardinia IS Italy! Unfortunately no IG agent in Sardinia, then I have to go to Genova where there is a very efficient agent. A very busy schedule forces me to wait another ten days before being able to go and collect the car. After six years of waiting, it's not much...
Pat, where you will collect the car?

Pat

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yep... I'm definitely in Italy... Sardinia IS Italy! Unfortunately no IG agent in Sardinia, then I have to go to Genova where there is a very efficient agent. A very busy schedule forces me to wait another ten days before being able to go and collect the car. After six years of waiting, it's not much...
Pat, where you will collect the car?
Alvan, I will collect the car at Autotorino in Verona.

alvan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
They promise me that our batch should have solved almost all childhood problems. We will still have to wait for the software update... We'll let you know...

Mauro

Contract Signed
Local time
Reaction score
My handhover is planned on 12th July, in Verona (Autotorino). The dealer told me they are waiting for software update this week. We will see

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
@alvan
Lucky man. Both for the Grenadier and for Sardinia.

Downsides or not - a wonderful place. (y)

Pat

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
My handhover is planned on 12th July, in Verona (Autotorino). The dealer told me they are waiting for software update this week. We will see
I have seen yesterday yours in the workshop: an not existing version - Trialmaster N1 ;-) Please explain. And saw it already a month ago in the garage and was wondering about.

And I am pretty sure there will be no SW update but a major release in September and we will get receive a recall later.
Btw did we met each other in 2021 at Carraro and we have done some Transitalia Marathon together?

alvan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have seen yesterday yours in the workshop: an not existing version - Trialmaster N1 ;-) Please explain. And saw it already a month ago in the garage and was wondering about.

And I am pretty sure there will be no SW update but a major release in September and we will get receive a recall later.
Btw did we met each other in 2021 at Carraro and we have done some Transitalia Marathon together?
I was in 2021 at Carraro and I tested both diesel and petrol together with Dario Cioni, Pippo Ganna's DT. Driving a tough girl from the Czech Republic...

Pat

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I was in 2021 at Carraro and I tested both diesel and petrol together with Dario Cioni, Pippo Ganna's DT. Driving a tough girl from the Czech Republic...
yes, I was there ;-)

Mauro

Contract Signed
Local time
Reaction score
Sorry Pat: i don’t unferstand what you said: “I have seen yesterday yours in the workshop: an not existing version - Trialmaster N1 ;-) Please explain. And saw it already a month ago in the garage and was wondering about”

My car is not an N1. It is a normal station wagon Trialmaster. My contract is clear about that.

Pat

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Sorry Pat: i don’t unferstand what you said: “I have seen yesterday yours in the workshop: an not existing version - Trialmaster N1 ;-) Please explain. And saw it already a month ago in the garage and was wondering about”

My car is not an N1. It is a normal station wagon Trialmaster. My contract is clear about that.
Yes, there is a Trialmaster emblem below the windsreen. However I think the rear bench's position is the same as the N1 one. I might be wrong. Your is three numbers only? Correct?

Mauro

Contract Signed
Local time
Reaction score
Dear Pat, When your say: Three number, are you referring to VIN? My VIN ends With 2180 and the motor number ends with M1.

Pat

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Dear Pat, When your say: Three number, are you referring to VIN? My VIN ends With 2180 and the motor number ends with M1.
ok, then it is not yours. Sorry for the hassle. But indeed there is a very strange version of Trialmaster N1 - will be then for another Italian. Will check again today.

Mauro

Contract Signed
Local time
Reaction score
Thank you vary much... you scared me a lot... but is it part of the game!!!

• Haha
Reactions: Pat
Back
Top Bottom