The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Irish Grenadier review

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:18 PM
Reaction score
It was a bit like an episode of this:

817EsQ2Zo1L._RI_.jpg

Another nugget of info though ~ dampers moved from inboard to outboard and canted to improve trailer stability.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Love the dampers being moved👍👍
Right back to where Land Rover put mine on my old 110 - I bet there was an old Land Rover engineer shaking their head and saying "you don't want to do that" when they put them inboard. 🤔

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
5:18 AM
Reaction score
and that Irish sense of humour!
it had a whiff of that fine series "World famous for dicking around" that you can find on you tube if you missed it first time around!

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
7:18 PM
Reaction score
Let's hope the advice of an old LR engineer is the right thing for a Grenadier. 🙃

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Let's hope the advice of an old LR engineer is the right thing for a Grenadier. 🙃
I've spoken to a few over the years. There's no doubt they knew their stuff and could have made this vehicle if senior management weren't pre-occupied with chasing BMW volumes.

Sadly, JLR now employ more software engineers than those in the traditional skills.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
As a testament to all that was good in Land Rover, especially the engineering, I've just watched episode 11 of Andrew St Pierre White crossing the Canning Stock Route with his original Range Rover.

As he says, what a feat for a vehicle of this age.

Let's hope the torch has been passed to the Grenadier and the next generation can marvel at what our vehicles will be doing in nearly 50 years time!

Jeremy996

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
2:18 PM
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
I've spoken to a few over the years. There's no doubt they knew their stuff and could have made this vehicle if senior management weren't pre-occupied with chasing BMW volumes.

Sadly, JLR now employ more software engineers than those in the traditional skills.
Probably not enough software engineers! The bulk of issues with the current LR range seem to be programming ones. Most people I know with new Defenders are very happy; a small minority are being tried by faults in the infotainment software and an even smaller minority have old-fashioned physical faults.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
7:18 PM
Reaction score
The biggest problem in software development is not so much the number of developers as the incompetence of software architects, which is usually preceded by a massive lack of requirements engineering.

Back
Top Bottom