The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Installing airline rails in the roof lining

Rolando di Cello

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:05 PM
Reaction score
Hello everybody,

I would like to install airline rails in the car boot of my Grenadier in the roof lining to attach hooks or something similar. Has anyone already done this and can tell me how the airline rails can be attached?

Greetings
Roland

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:05 AM
Reaction score
I was looking at doing this but the rear hooks and the square pop outs with the threaded holes aren't plumb so the rails would be wonky. I will probably still install D rings or eye bolts up there so I can use them as lashing points without looking so wonky.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:05 PM
Reaction score
I was looking at doing this but the rear hooks and the square pop outs with the threaded holes aren't plumb so the rails would be wonky. I will probably still install D rings or eye bolts up there so I can use them as lashing points without looking so wonky.
I removed the two white plastic "christmas tree" roof retainers closest to the rear doors and carefully drilled through the lining into the roof structure and installed an M6 rivnut. I then screwed an eye bolt into each. I've used these eye bolts as anchors for a "roof net" which attaches to the cargo barrier for lightweight items.20231012_162223.jpg

Last edited:

FlyersFan76

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:05 AM
Reaction score
That's.... simplistic.
Why do you need an L-track if you can't really put any weight away from the mounting points?

I had it laying around and wanted a little more options for securing light weight items. I found on other vehicles that the hooks were never in the spot that secured well. I have some RUX bags that have L track hooks on them which would work well here.

Back
Top Bottom