The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Ineos Group buys The Grenadier Pub

Arkaig

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:18 PM
Reaction score
Ineos completed the purchase of The Grenadier pub in Wilton Row, Belgravia, London from Greene King on 1st October 2022.

According to Wikipedia The Grenadier was originally built in 1720 as the officers' mess for the senior infantry regiment of the British army, the 1st Regiment of Foot Guards, and located in a courtyard of their barracks. It was opened to the public in 1818 as The Guardsman, and subsequently renamed in honour of the Grenadier Guards' actions in the Battle of Waterloo.

Being secluded in a wealthy district of London, it was frequented in the past by the Duke of Wellington and King George IV, and continues to attract an elite clientele such as Madonna and Prince William. It is also said to be haunted by the ghost of a subaltern who was beaten to death for cheating at cards.

Pub.jpg

Last edited:

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:18 AM
Reaction score
Ineos completed the purchase of The Grenadier pub in Wilton Row, Belgravia, London from Greene King on 1st October 2022.

According to Wikipedia The Grenadier was originally built in 1720 as the officers' mess for the senior infantry regiment of the British army, the 1st Regiment of Foot Guards, and located in a courtyard of their barracks. It was opened to the public in 1818 as The Guardsman, and subsequently renamed in honour of the Grenadier Guards' actions in the Battle of Waterloo.

Being secluded in a wealthy district of London, it was frequented in the past by the Duke of Wellington and King George IV, and continues to attract an elite clientele such as Madonna and Prince William. It is also said to be haunted by the ghost of a subaltern who was beaten to death for cheating at cards.

View attachment 7794658
I bet that guy can fight.
Imagine growing up being called Greene.
WTF were his parents thinking.

Crofthead

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Anyone know how much a pint of lager and a packet of crisps will cost me?

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
don't forget minimum 10pct increase on any pint

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Just need Jaguar Land Rover to buy the curry house down the road

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Is it called The Unreliable Tandoori?

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:18 PM
Reaction score

View attachment 7794658
For me it would be important that the car park is big enough so that we can meet there with our Grenadiers some time. I would have no objection to such a meeting and would also be prepared to travel the long way. I am serious! I have another trip to the UK next summer.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
10:18 PM
Reaction score
I suspect you just won't get a reservation. Since Prince William and other VIPs are on the list, you might be subject to an MI5/6 check before you can get in there. The prices are not the problem, they are not moon prices from what I have seen.

But I wouldn't be surprised if there is a policy of on personal recommendation only.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:18 PM
Reaction score
I suspect you just won't get a reservation. Since Prince William and other VIPs are on the list, you might be subject to an MI5/6 check before you can get in there. The prices are not the problem, they are not moon prices from what I have seen.

But I wouldn't be surprised if there is a policy of on personal recommendation only.
I don't even believe that. But let's take our chances. When I go to UK next year, I'll ask here in the forum who's coming along. And then I will ask there.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
That's a nice idea.

And greetings from emax to HRH Prince William Arthur Philip Louis, Prince of Wales, Duke of Cornwall, Duke of Rothesay und Duke of Cambridge.

:)

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
That's a nice idea.

And greetings from emax to HRH Prince William Arthur Philip Louis, Prince of Wales, Duke of Cornwall, Duke of Rothesay und Duke of Cambridge.

:)
If he's in there I'll buy him a pint and a bag of scampi fries

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
8:18 AM
Reaction score
My good wife says that as we have a day to kill in London whilst waiting for a flight back to Tasmania next year , she will try and book lunch there.
She has a way of getting her way 😁

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
She's smart. :)

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:18 AM
Reaction score
My good wife says that as we have a day to kill in London whilst waiting for a flight back to Tasmania next year , she will try and book lunch there.
She has a way of getting her way 😁
No point arguing with a woman who demands to have lunch in a pub.
Some times you just have to let them get their way

Back
Top Bottom