The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Ineos Expedition South Africa

Fab

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:55 PM
Reaction score
We have been selected for the tour, which I hope doesn't turn out to be some sort of golf tour.
I'm afraid there is not a lot of off road driving on this tour.

But maybe they will give me a technical manual?

I'll post some pictures if something interesting happens, Fabio

DSC_5053 Kopie.jpgIMG_0477.JPG

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
We have been selected for the tour, which I hope doesn't turn out to be some sort of golf tour.
I'm afraid there is not a lot of off road driving on this tour.

But maybe they will give me a technical manual?

I'll post some pictures if something interesting happens, Fabio

View attachment 7854570View attachment 7854580
Never smoke Marlboro while driving 🚬

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
5:55 PM
Reaction score
Yep, think they must have read my post moaning that there has been no communication, less than 24hrs after my post and they send an email out about the avalanche of interest they had and to keep a look out for the next trip.

Based on what they charge for a week, I would think a trip like @Logsplitter did would be about a quarter of a million quid !! 😂

JonSutton

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:55 PM
Reaction score
As this adventure of a lifetime kicks off in a week and a half, can I have a show of hands who has been selected to go on the trip.

In fact could I have a show of hands from anyone on here who has been contacted by IA over and above the email saying thanks for your interest we will be in touch soon !! It’s a certain fact I haven’t.

I think this must have been organised by the same department who are responsible for the online technical manuals.
Approached, I didn’t reply. IA don’t know I’ve a Grenadier as my wife bought it and it had to be registered in her name per contract.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I am glad to hear that two from our fold have had the call to go. If you haven’t been before you will love the country and the terrain.

It’s certainly an eye opener seeing the culture 😀

Good luck and plenty of photos please.

Not sure if it will help, but Melville & Moon and Tougher are both in Cape Town if you need to get anything and save money. Leave some room in your suitcase though.

@Fab i hope you are not flying with your local airline Lufthansa, they are a complete shower of sh1te !!

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If anyone from the US finds themselves at the M&M store in Cape town and is feeling generous - I'm looking to get one of their bedrolls, I can PayPal and arrange shipping once you get back to the US 😁

Last edited:

Fab

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I am glad to hear that two from our fold have had the call to go. If you haven’t been before you will love the country and the terrain.

It’s certainly an eye opener seeing the culture 😀

Good luck and plenty of photos please.

Not sure if it will help, but Melville & Moon and Tougher are both in Cape Town if you need to get anything and save money. Leave some room in your suitcase though.

@Fab i hope you are not flying with your local airline Lufthansa, they are a complete shower of sh1te !!

Tougher had shipped just before I wanted to call them.

We haven’t been in South Africa yet. A lot in north, east (Tanzania is our favourite) and west Africa.
Botswana is nice too.
Namibia is good for self driving. But the influence of white people makes it far less African than other African countries.

We fly KLM.

Fabio

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Good luck Fabio, it’s a shame you just missed the parcel dispatch 😔

I don’t mind KLM at all just not Lufthansa, bloody awful company.

You will find it a lot less African than you are probably used to then if you have done those countries, but it is still a great place, with some fantastic people And like anywhere else on earth some not so great people (who need a wide berth).

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
In fact I also got the invitation to go. I hesitated to apply, but I am rather a lonely traveler, and my feeling it is only a commercial offer, and quite expensive.

And my partner - who lived some years in South Africa with her former husband - would surely not join me, because her mother is very old and needs a lot of attention and care., and she became a Grand Mother some two weeks ago for the first time

I had also already plans to visit my youngest son (again) in Hungary in June and continue (again but longer) to Romania, on my own.

I am also not interested to hire a Grenadier in South Africa, I want to drive MY car, therefore I would have to ship my car, and it is my only car.

I didn't apply.

Anyway, good luck to the lucky ones who are interested and got selected!

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:55 PM
Reaction score
In fact I also got the invitation to go. I hesitated to apply, but I am rather a lonely traveler, and my feeling it is only a commercial offer, and quite expensive.

And my partner - who lived some years in South Africa with her former husband - would surely not join me, because her mother is very old and needs a lot of attention and care., and she became a Grand Mother some two weeks ago for the first time

I had also already plans to visit my youngest son (again) in Hungary in June and continue (again but longer) to Romania, on my own.

I am also not interested to hire a Grenadier in South Africa, I want to drive MY car, therefore I would have to ship my car, and it is my only car.

I didn't apply.

Like you Jean I got the invite just after my African travels were finished but I must say group travel with a tour leader isn’t my thing. I much prefer independent travel.

Fab

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
It is going to be the first group travel ever for us.
We have always been traveling on our own with 2 dogs.
This year we actually guided 3 other trucks out of a sandstorm, but went back the day after.
Because we don’t find the time to ship our car to south Africa we thought… what the heck, it’s only ten days, what can go wrong. If we don’t like it we’ll find our own way. Off course we are lucky that we have the money to spend, otherwise we wouldn’t have considered.

We will keep you updated.

Fabio

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score

I didn't apply.

From what Logsplitter has told me about shipping costs, you could actually ship yours there and back and still have just under £10000 to play with, comparing it to what the price of this particular trip for two costs.

Back
Top Bottom