The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

ig haters

beg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:26 PM
Reaction score
has anyone else noticed there seems to be a very anti ig thread forming on tinternet my simple answer to these people is if you dont want one dont buy one and jog on .

@nd

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:26 PM
Reaction score
I've been watching various videos across the web and no it won't drive up Everest, do 6000 miles on a tank of fuel, carry 40 tonnes or fit 60''tyres, but these people are missing the point. That's not what it was designed for. There are plenty of people who like the Grenny for what it is and what it was designed for. 
The thing is there is a man in the UK who loves the old Defender and wanted to carry on the no fuss 4x4 type vehicle, he was willing to put his money where his mouth is to cerate what HE wanted. 
I watched an interview with Justin Hocevar , very informative (even for us UK residents) skip to 48.43 the reply is spot on.
Everything can be modified for a specific purpose/use, are they haters or just frightened of the unknown???? 

Camskii

Production/Transit
Local time
3:26 AM
Reaction score
I think a lot of the haters are from those are butt hurt about the price and can't afford it. So their way of dealing with their resentment is to rubbish it on FB 

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=Camskii userid=9017690 postid=1332934726]I think a lot of the haters are from those are butt hurt about the price and can't afford it. So their way of dealing with their resentment is to rubbish it on FB [/QUOTE]Agree 100%

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
7:26 PM
Reaction score
A German idiom says "Viel Feind, viel Ehr", which basically translates to "Much foe, much honor".

Thank you very much.

I ignore them as that seems to be the toughest response one can give.

@nd

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
but, if it had a V8!!?

Cavaleiro

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Public (German) television is again setting a mood against SUVs in general. You can imagine how a Grenadier is seen. 

I am excited and hope for decent quality, driving pleasure and reliability. I ignore the anti mood - as I do with many other topics.

Meanwhile, the mood also goes against classic cars. I "love" the stupid sayings at the traffic lights when you are called an environmental polluter in a 40-year-old Porsche (Cologne, last weekend) and have a better environmental balance than cars that go to the scrap press or special recycling after 6 years already. 

Local time
Reaction score
Living in Australia driving a defender and not a Toyota I’m very much immune to ignorance 
look forward to the same bias driving a Grenadier. 
Mac versus PC
Toyota versus Landrover 
Grenadier versus Whatever ?
does it really matter?
should be fun
pete 

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=Cavaleiro userid=8998805 postid=1332938834]Public (German) television is again setting a mood against SUVs in general. You can imagine how a Grenadier is seen. 

Meanwhile, the mood also goes against classic cars.
.. a 40-year-old Porsche (Cologne, last weekend) and have a better environmental balance than cars that go to the scrap press or special recycling after 6 years already. 
[/QUOTE]
You're right. They prefer EV lifestyle with raw materials mined by seven year old children in Africa.

Eco fascists.

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=Cavaleiro userid=8998805 postid=1332938834]Public (German) television is again setting a mood against SUVs in general. You can imagine how a Grenadier is seen. 

I am excited and hope for decent quality, driving pleasure and reliability. I ignore the anti mood - as I do with many other topics.

Meanwhile, the mood also goes against classic cars. I "love" the stupid sayings at the traffic lights when you are called an environmental polluter in a 40-year-old Porsche (Cologne, last weekend) and have a better environmental balance than cars that go to the scrap press or special recycling after 6 years already. 
[/QUOTE]

I appreciate this is a Grenadier forum but what kind of Porsche?????

Cavaleiro

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=Shopkeep userid=8971976 postid=1332940747]

I appreciate this is a Grenadier forum but T or E or S? (i.e. what kind of Porsche?????)[/QUOTE]

Sorry for my off-topic, just wanted to illustrate how things are now in Germany and that you can't expect much sympathy when driving an Ineos Grenadier. ?

For me the IG will be an overlander. I'm not saying anything against the boom in motorhomes here. Everyone as he likes - we should be able to expect the same.

With regards to my off-topic, Porsche: few months until 40th birthday it's a G model, not a F (more and more unaffordable).

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=Cavaleiro userid=8998805 postid=1332941480]

With regards to my off-topic, Porsche: few months until 40th birthday it's a G model, not a F (more and more unaffordable).[/QUOTE]

I lost a decade there and you beat me to it (I corrected my post), I have a 71 911E which was 40 years old when I bought it but now over 50.  Never had a bad reaction to it on the streets of Melbourne, ordered my Grenadier in Silver to match it (kind of back on topic).

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
We have 250,000 gray nomads driving around Australia every day either in motor homes or SUV’s towing caravans. The number is increasing. Pretty sure none of them are driving EV’s. Safe bet none of them are getting good fuel economy. 

Local time
Reaction score
I have noticed a lot of this also. the hatred on pistonheads is pretty spectacular! it is a bit of a worry really with the whole anti SUV fashion and targeting of particular vehicles. Logic and facts have not place in this new wave of purity spirals! Giant  power EV's apparently saving the planet even though the owner might go on 4 foreign holidays a year! 

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=emax userid=8900646 postid=1332940365]
You're right. They prefer EV lifestyle with raw materials mined by seven year old children in Africa.

Eco fascists.[/QUOTE]

So sad. yet so true.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=Shopkeep userid=8971976 postid=1332941524]

I lost a decade there and you beat me to it (I corrected my post), I have a 71 911E which was 40 years old when I bought it but now over 50.  Never had a bad reaction to it on the streets of Melbourne, ordered my Grenadier in Silver to match it (kind of back on topic).[/QUOTE]

Shopkeeper - I beat you by 2 years - I had a 69 911E. Sold it 18 months ago.

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
6:26 PM
Reaction score
There are also certain 'semi high profile' 4x4 people in the UK, who wanted more sponsorship, early access etc from INEOS.

When they were rebuffed, or not approached entirely, they got the arse ache and became Grenadier haters! 

You'll find a few on Youtube if anyone's interested in a laugh. 

One for instance has criticised engine choice, preffering a 4 cylinder Iveco diesel of all things! 

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
It's all vanity.

Back
Top Bottom