The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

IG 40 uk registration for sale on DVLA auction site

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:32 PM
Reaction score
I was right on the verge of bidding but when you put it like that. I can see your point of view.
Inky black roof is very tempting. Wonder how it compares with cost of a wrap and might it effect lead time?

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I was right on the verge of bidding but when you put it like that. I can see your point of view.
Inky black roof is very tempting. Wonder how it compares with cost of a wrap and might it effect lead time?
Yes according to my agent my choice for a contrast roof meant delay in production as has to go to the paint shop twice - however they could not quantify the delay so all a bit finger in the air. I'm down for a Feb build last I heard so wabn't drastic delay whatever it was.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes according to my agent my choice for a contrast roof meant delay in production as has to go to the paint shop twice - however they could not quantify the delay so all a bit finger in the air. I'm down for a Feb build last I heard so wabn't drastic delay whatever it was.
March / April for me apparently.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:32 PM
Reaction score
I ordered the black roof and my contract data says there is no delay for it.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:32 AM
Reaction score
I was told the roof is painted not wrapped
That is why you can still get it when all the other wrapping has been scrapped

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes Dave. That’s as I understand it. Was just wondering if £900.00 represents good value or would I find a more competitive quote aftermarket? If it didn’t delay my build I would be tempted now to press the option on my Donny Grey vehicle. Will have to ask Steve at Halliwell Jones his thoughts.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Isn't the latest that wrapping is now back on:

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yes, anyone wanting the contrast bits may need to circumvent the configurator at present and speak to direct to Ineos or their agent; that or the phone call received was a prank/mistake...

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yes, anyone wanting the contrast bits may need to circumvent the configurator at present and speak to direct to Ineos or their agent; that or the phone call received was a prank/mistake...
I spoke to a few companies about wraps as I have zero experience with them.
I was told there are two types
  • The ones that are designed to last 5+ years and then need to be removed and replaced
    • I was told they are a major job to get off
  • The ones that are short term and easy to remove
    • I was told that once these start to lift you have a mess and they are open to people peeling them in car parks.
There is also a liquid spray on type but that isn't really a wrap.
Once again zero experience and only second hand information
I don't like any of those options personally

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I might have the left boot door wrapped or sprayed black to match the roof and the chequer plate on the bonnet/wings I'm going to source. Would like a red A on the back of the door as well

Pat-Ard

Global Grenadier #00520
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:32 PM
Reaction score
@ECrider I have matching thought. I'd like to have the left boot door wrapped in a nice flat pink matching MM. And the A's on the backdoor and the bonnet a nice dark red...

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
12:32 PM
Reaction score
As soon as I saw the original Donny Grey with the black roof I liked it. However the price was too much for me to add on to an already major purchase price for me.

My idea was to price a wrap if I so desired after I got it, if I needed to scratch that itch. I might add a couple of other bits and I have seen some vinyl stickers I want to add on to the wings myself.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
As soon as I saw the original Donny Grey with the black roof I liked it. However the price was too much for me to add on to an already major purchase price for me.

My idea was to price a wrap if I so desired after I got it, if I needed to scratch that itch. I might add a couple of other bits and I have seen some vinyl stickers I want to add on to the wings myself.
I wondered if it was worth it as I am going to put a roof rack on and cover it but you know the old saying
In for a penny, in for a pound.
In for a cent, in for a dollar just doesn't work.

joejet

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I always thought the Paul smith defender was cool, come on ineos only 8 or 9 trips to the paint booth...

LRDEFPaulSmithFilmExclusive18021601.jpg

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Exactly my idea. Might change my mind now. £64,000 in and counting. 😁🤷‍♂️

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
12:32 PM
Reaction score
I remember VW doing very similar with a Polo. Didn’t really catch on

As cool as some might think it is, scrap yard challenge always jumps into my head when I see this sort of design. I wonder how many other people think, oh that will look really nice when he has saved up enough money to get it resprayed 😆

A few graphics look good but to many then start to look messy. Less is more and in for a penny in for a pound

(DaveB credit for the last cliche) 😃

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I remember VW doing very similar with a Polo. Didn’t really catch on
Apart from the ugly paint that size LR always looks wrong to me.
It looks like it has been cut in half and a section taken out
The rear wheel isn't centred on the wheel arch which just adds to it looking wrong

Back
Top Bottom