The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Idle speculation on the cause of the delay..

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:57 PM
Reaction score
So the Agent from Harwoods was quite happy for you to continue driving it?

I think if it was me I'd be requesting a flatbed recovery truck as a repeat of the instance described where the steering wheel couldn't be turned is a lot more than just not acceptable. It's a judgement call based on the circumstances as you see them, but you have to ask yourself if there was an accident and third parties were injured, how would you feel?

Without knowing and understanding the operating philosophy, it's impossible to rule out it being mechanical, electrical, software, any combination of all three, or indeed a completely unrelated matter such as an extraneous item flapping and jamming the steering.

You could jack the front end off the ground, start the engine, and turn the steering from lock to lock to feel if the resistance changes; then have someone else do that whilst you look under the bonnet and observe the steering column - are both UJs moving freely, are the clamping bolts tight, basically follow the system through looking for something out of place.
I told the Ineos agent I was reluctant to drive it. The Harwoods rep agreed to have a technician call me in the morning and would arrange collection probably by AA. I’ve had a quick look underneath whilst on ramps. Nothing obvious, further than that I will not go. That is down to Ineos to sort.

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Could the issue be lack of lubricant in the steering box? I can’t see it being software as the mechanism is mechanical from soup to nuts.. intermittent failure could be lubricant or steering box damage..

Hicarus

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Have a look under the nearside front wing under the bonnet behind the headlamp. The large lump there draws from the PAS tank & is electric. No pullets drive ti's pump. Therefore electro-hydraulic PAS.
Good chance for ECU gremlins?

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Have a look under the nearside front wing under the bonnet behind the headlamp. The large lump there draws from the PAS tank & is electric. No pullets drive ti's pump. Therefore electro-hydraulic PAS.
Good chance for ECU gremlins?
Thanks I’ve had a look at that and yes no pulleys just electric IMG_1757.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom