The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

I did it.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
7:37 AM
Reaction score
And now, I feel stoned.  ?

Ok, I have ordered a 5 Seat Utility and configured it to my wishes.
  • Engine: Diesel. Of course.
  • Packages: rough & smooth (diff locks, KO2, USB charging, fancy lights here and there etc)
  • Color: Sterling Silver
  • Safari Windows
  • 2nd Battery
  • Power panel switches
  • tinted windows
  • back ladder
  • seat heating
  • side steps (for grandma) ;-)
  • camping table
  • air-rails inside and outside
  • tow hitch
And some luxury made it to the order: leather seats. How nice is that?

Yes, I am overly happy :)

No production slot yet, expect it next week.

And I think, it's not an expense: It's an investment.

As for the payment: As a software developer for a living, I am a Linux only user.  So I started Firefox in "safe-mode", i.e.: No plugins, no restrictions, just a bare firefox. AND IT DID NOT WORK! ?

I am not used to software not working under Linux. But there was only a white box doing nothing and leaving me behind clueless. So I called Ineos customer support. And he ("Mikel") asked me "which browser / operating system?".

"Firefox / Linux."

Silence.

"Um",

Silence.

" I can not really help here. We recommend to use  ... windows ...blah ... apple ... blah"

Ok, was to be expected. I friendly thanked him, and went my own way.

I started a Windows 7 VM (which I maintain for customer matters) under my Linux platform and started firefox. And it worked immediately. Payment, transaction code. SMS TAN receipt for the payment and done. So this is clearly not a Linux issue (as my VM was runnning under the control of Linux) but some weirdness with the browser under Linux.

Today was the last opportunity to transform my reservation into an order. And it is a Saturday today. For a moment I was deeply frustrated not to get support today from my credit-card company. But it finally ended good, and so I am quite happy now. ?

Not yet a Grenadier owner, but at least still in the game. ?

PS:  It's worth a clarification: I very much appreciated the conversation with "Mikel". No criticism at all. His answer was honest. And it was even for me, as a "Linux Only" developer not possible to solve the problem on the Linux-side. So how could a first level support do any better. 

Paachi

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
10:37 PM
Reaction score
Nice congratulations!! Nice config. I am still in the fence in Utility cs Trialmaster. Let’s see

Stoked.. stoned.. or both??
1f923.png

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
No typo.

Both. ?

Local time
6:37 AM
Reaction score
Ah! Wife was sold by the test drive :) Congrats!
Looks pretty much like the selection I would go for…

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
@Paachi

> I am still in the fence in Utility cs Trialmaster.

I had exactly that same problem. Where is it stuck?

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
> Ah! Wife was sold by the test drive :) Congrats!

Thanks for the congrats :)

But the "sold by the test drive ... "  is not that easy. A man with a sensitive and awake woman is in general very lucky, but it is not always easy for him.  It takes much more than a test drive to convince my beloved wife.

Me, for example. ?

Paachi

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
10:37 PM
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=emax userid=8900646 postid=1332860775]@Paachi

> I am still in the fence in Utility cs Trialmaster.

I had exactly that same problem. Where is it stuck?[/QUOTE]

Looks like we won’t get a Utility trim in the States. The base 5 seater will be the ‘utility-esque’ trim. The Rough Pack is a must add. I am really not that keen on the Smooth Pack except the heated washer jets and central locking glove box. 
So the main delta with the Trialmaster that matters to me is the Aux Power pack, Access Ladder, External Utility Belt, Raised air intake (prefer to go aftermarket here) and the Compass/ Altimeter. The Thatcham Cat 1 security is another thing to immobilize the car. I prefer more nuanced but effective methods like bypassing the fuel relay with a hidden switch. 
So I am torn if you get the base with a rough pack + power pack + ala-carte options or get the Trialmaster. Note I don’t know the pricing for US, maybe the sum of parts will be more expensive than getting the Trialmaster as a full version. The jacket is very enticing though 
1f642.png

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
I have now an estimated production slot: October 2022

Faster than expected. It's the month that I will be payed my life insurance after 25 years of feeding it.

Perfect timing. :)

Deepblue

#00274 - Swiss Vehicle (SD1-1/63)
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Congratulation @emax
That‘s indead an early production slot.
see you choose the camp table option. Am undecided here. Did you saw this live? The configurator does not contain much info.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
I saw it.

It's a steel frame bolted on the back door and may be 3 or four cm thick. The table rests within the frame and is folded out, the hinge is on the lower side. There is strap/cable in a 45 degree angle which holds the table level if fold out.

This is, though seems to be good quality, implemented like an easy to copy concept for the ones which have the time to DIY. I guess it could be done in an afternoon.

If you want to save the money, you could order it later and first have a look how to DIY. It's not a bargain, and plywood allows for beautiful builds.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
@Paachi

Well, that's of course a different situation than here.

The only advice is to configure e.g. on the UK site to get an idea what the price differences are.

Though they are likely different, I'd suspect that they will have similar relations. On the other hand you can take your time until you have a functioning confugurator including the prices. They is no need to hurry.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:37 PM
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=Paachi userid=8372535 postid=1332862002]

Looks like we won’t get a Utility trim in the States. The base 5 seater will be the ‘utility-esque’ trim. The Rough Pack is a must add. I am really not that keen on the Smooth Pack except the heated washer jets and central locking glove box.  
So the main delta with the Trialmaster that matters to me is the Aux Power pack, Access Ladder, External Utility Belt, Raised air intake (prefer to go aftermarket here) and the Compass/ Altimeter. The Thatcham Cat 1 security is another thing to immobilize the car. I prefer more nuanced but effective methods like bypassing the fuel relay with a hidden switch. 
So I am torn if you get the base with a rough pack + power pack + ala-carte options or get the Trialmaster. Note I don’t know the pricing for US, maybe the sum of parts will be more expensive than getting the Trialmaster as a full version. The jacket is very enticing though 
1f642.png
[/QUOTE] Don’t forget the heated power mirrors! Without that the mirrors are manual adjustment from what I can see.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Dave,

have you recovered from your flight?

In face of the temperatures you should feel like being at home ... ? ?

We had 37°C here yesterday.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=emax userid=8900646 postid=1332864407]Hi Dave,

have you recovered from your flight?

In face of the temperatures you should feel like being at home ... ? ?

We had 37°C here yesterday.[/QUOTE] I have recovered from the flight but British Airways lost my luggage and don’t even know which country it is in. They are pretty sure it isn’t in Switzerland with me though. So as there are no shops open in Basel today then tomorrow morning I will have to quickly find clothing stores open before I join my business conference at 12 midday.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
OMG.

I've had this as well during my italian time. I had almost 1200 flights in twelfe years, and there were strikes, broken airplanes and trains, and of course luggage losses. It was a mess. And then having a business conference just the first day without having a fresh shirt is a terrible thing.

I guess, they'll probably show up when you've just finished shopping.

Good luck.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
@emax it looks like my bag is arriving at Frankfurt airport tonight. It is closer to you than to me. 
They hope to get it to Basel by 8am tomorrow
so I can take a taxi to collect it from the airport before I start work at midday. 

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Back
Top Bottom