The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Howdy from Northern Germany

Jetjockey

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
2:41 PM
Reaction score
First of all great to have this forum.

My name is Oli and I live in the northern part of Germany in the outskirts of Hamburg.

After doing only short family trips with a '75 Series III due to loss of hearing and other 'deficiencies' my wife and I decided to get to know the greater surroundings better and therefore get a better suited vehicle for longer trips (Scandinavia, Iceland...).
Looking around for a suitable ride we discovered the INEOS and fell in love instantly.

However, my first attempt to get hands on a Grenadier ended rather unpleasant. When I first put an order in, delivery estimates were about a year.
About a month after finalizing my order, I got a call that the delivery period shrank to six month. I'm aware that most people would cherish the fact, but I was going to get room and sell another car first. I cancelled, got the deposit back after a while etc., no big deal.

Ready to order again, I called up the website and was surprised by a huge markup only three days prior. That somehow didn't feel right, so I refrained from ordering....
Still eager to get a Grenadier, I called a couple of dealerships to see if they have pre markup deliveries in the run. I found a few, however usually 'overspeced' (can you say that?) and expensive vehicles.

To make a long story short: I decided to watch out for used Grennies coming up on the market. There were quite a few already, but nothing that matched my requirements.
So I went back to concentrating on selling another car I had the pleasure driving for some years, but my wife never liked. As usual, when you least expect it, luck hits.

So I took a.m. car to an agent, who was going to sell it for me. I travel a lot and can't really sell a car not being at home most of the time.
As luck had it that agent had a Grenadier for sale, which I almost didn't see as it was parked behind the warehouse.
Except the color and the 2nd batt, it had all my specs. Originally I was going for magic mushroom with a black roof. This one is Britannia Blue with a white roof. Basically just the opposite, but we like it a lot. Delivery is due the day after tomorrow depending on the MVD's speed (fingers crossed).

Thanks guys for having me in this forum and my apologies for my English.

Oli

Old ride (still love it):
IMG20220428122024-01.jpeg

New ride:
64fb47a885a3a4.91461744.jpg

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:41 AM
Reaction score

My name is Oli and I live in the northern part of Germany in the outskirts of Hamburg.

After doing only short family trips with a '75 Series III due to loss of hearing and other 'deficiencies' my wife and I decided to get to know the greater surroundings better and therefore get a better suited vehicle for longer trips (Scandinavia, Iceland...).
Looking around for a suitable ride we discovered the INEOS and fell in love instantly.

However, my first attempt to get hands on a Grenadier ended rather unpleasant. When I first put an order in, delivery estimates were about a year.
About a month after finalizing my order, I got a call that the delivery period shrank to six month. I'm aware that most people would cherish the fact, but I was going to get room and sell another car first. I cancelled, got the deposit back after a while etc., no big deal.

Ready to order again, I called up the website and was surprised by a huge markup only three days prior. That somehow didn't feel right, so I refrained from ordering....
Still eager to get a Grenadier, I called a couple of dealerships to see if they have pre markup deliveries in the run. I found a few, however usually 'overspeced' (can you say that?) and expensive vehicles.

To make a long story short: I decided to watch out for used Grennies coming up on the market. There were quite a few already, but nothing that matched my requirements.
So I went back to concentrating on selling another car I had the pleasure driving for some years, but my wife never liked. As usual, when you least expect it, luck hits.

So I took a.m. car to an agent, who was going to sell it for me. I travel a lot and can't really sell a car not being at home most of the time.
As luck had it that agent had a Grenadier for sale, which I almost didn't see as it was parked behind the warehouse.
Except the color and the 2nd batt, it had all my specs. Originally I was going for magic mushroom with a black roof. This one is Britannia Blue with a white roof. Basically just the opposite, but we like it a lot. Delivery is due the day after tomorrow depending on the MVD's speed (fingers crossed).

Oli

View attachment 7829400

New ride:
View attachment 7829401
Hi Oli, Welcome to the forum and Congratulations! From one classic to another! Love both the colors. Enjoy. DaBull

Pat

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Oli

View attachment 7829400

New ride:
View attachment 7829401
Very nice story from a passionate person. Keep both cars - they are pretty unique and extremely beautiful.

Jetjockey

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Very nice story from a passionate person. Keep both cars - they are pretty unique and extremely beautiful.
Thank you, appreciate your kind words. As of now, I'll keep both of *em. I just fear the Series won*t get as much attention as it used to....

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
1:41 PM
Reaction score
Thank you, appreciate your kind words. As of now, I'll keep both of *em. I just fear the Series won*t get as much attention as it used to....
You’ll be surprised how much attention you’ll get in your Grenadier. There are rare as hens teeth on European roads..

Jetjockey

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
There are rare as hens teeth on European roads..
Works for me :) . You see a couple more in the UK I suppose. Talking about the UK. We have tickets for a Eric Clapton concert at RAH. I might just do that trip in the Grenadier....

Jetjockey

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
To complete my introduction:

Picked mine up today. To break it in I made a one night hotel reservation at a nice place in Copenhagen. That's about 450km from where I live. I considered it a good idea. Perfect route to break the car in as I would be driving most of the trip through Denmark with low speedlimits and high speeding fines.

Might have been a little hasty....

After getting the car I decided to drive to one of the two authorized repair shops in the area, which happens to be a well know off-road outfitter. I was looking forward to check out the equipment and just introduce myself to the friendly and very helpful folks there.

I made it about 15km, when things started to get haywire.

Rolling / grinding noise from somewhere around the left front wheel, tons of failure messages, erroneous seat belt "reminders" and nonstop running windshield wipers. The wipers are the worst; no slowing or shutting them down. I had to pull the circuit breaker to stop them from dissipating....
By the way: The circuit breaker is labeled front and rear wipers, but the rear wiper still runs in reverse.

Welcome to the club I guess...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom