The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

3rd party Videos How To? - Episode 01

Arkaig

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:54 AM
Reaction score
Short videos about different topics. Touching on "HOW TO" do certain things around the car. Nothing too technical, easy maintnenance, quick information.

In this episode:
- Safari Windows issues
- The Electrical Panel and it's distribution
- removing the Rear Bench
- how to find the Drain Plugs
- the NATO socket

0:00 Intro
0:32 Safari WIndows
1:07 Electrical Distribution
2:00 removing Rear Bench
3:23 Drain Plugs
5:08 Nato Socket
5:38 Outro

Mussels

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:54 PM
Reaction score
A good video but it is not really ‘removing the rear bench’, just the seat bases. I had the whole seat out when moving it backwards 70mm to ‘Belstaff’ position. After the whole seat has been removed once it is much easier to do regularly, if required, as the thread locktight seals are broken.

PBD

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just a thought, has any one removed the three back seat seatbelts? How to get around the sensors situation, as I would like to remove the lot and build a platform.

Mussels

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
There is no wind here today so I have had a look at the bonnet stay. The bonnet only opens up to around 45 degrees with the traditional stay. I was going to carefully lift it further up and rest it against the windscreen to search for the oil dipstick but the nearside wiper blade is in the way.
Am I missing something here?

P.S. Does anyone think that the ‘Owners Manual’ is worth reading at all? It will be half an hour of your life which you will never get back.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
There is no wind here today so I have had a look at the bonnet stay. The bonnet only opens up to around 45 degrees with the traditional stay. I was going to carefully lift it further up and rest it against the windscreen to search for the oil dipstick but the nearside wiper blade is in the way.

P.S. Does anyone think that the ‘Owners Manual’ is worth reading at all? It will be half an hour of your life which you will never get back.
unless I've misunderstood you you can take the stay out of the bottom end and move back closer to windscreen and it then goes in a deeper socket of the bonnet giving you 90 degrees

Local time
6:54 AM
Reaction score

unless I've misunderstood you you can take the stay out of the bottom end and move back closer to windscreen and it then goes in a deeper socket of the bonnet giving you 90 degrees

ECrider you are correct. The stay can be removed and then there is a provision for it to be inserted near the main coolant reservoir. Then half way down the bonnet there is an additional holder for the stay.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
ECrider you are correct. The stay can be removed and then there is a provision for it to be inserted near the main coolant reservoir. Then half way down the bonnet there is an additional holder for the stay.
I had a look for my oil dipstick yesterday (car's left towards bulkhead) and cldn't find it.

Mussels

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I will go out and try again. I have the Diesel engine, has anyone found the dipstick yet?

Mussels

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Please don’t ask me how I got on. I have reluctantly concluded that I have the only Grenadier in the world with a single bonnet stay position and a diesel engine which has no dipstick. 🙈🙈
I have given up now, I don’t have any oil to top up with anyway. 🤷‍♂️

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Please don’t ask me how I got on. I have reluctantly concluded that I have the only Grenadier in the world with a single bonnet stay position and a diesel engine which has no dipstick. 🙈🙈
I have given up now, I don’t have any oil to top up with anyway. 🤷‍♂️
I'll take some photos next week when back fm the rugger.

On the bright side you may have a limited edition edition!

Mussels

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Well, that's the bonnet sorted.
The dipstick location is a joke right?

Thanks everyone. 😎IMG_5497.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom