The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Hi-lift bumper lift

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:35 AM
Reaction score
You'd be much better off with a soft shackle through the recovery point... While the bumpers are steel, they aren't like your standard heavy plate steel aftermarket bumper where the majority of the "shell" is structural

Jeffrey

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
5:35 AM
Reaction score
If your need is to change a tire, you are always better off using a scissor or bottle type jack on the lift points behind the wheel. Let the raging begin.....

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If your need is to change a tire, you are always better off using a scissor or bottle type jack on the lift points behind the wheel. Let the raging begin.....
I didn't think we were talking about lifting to change a tire....

If so, yea, the bottle jack is probably a better idea, and doesn't require a baby-sitter the same way a Hi-Lift does (should).

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
10:35 PM
Reaction score
My new offroad van has no jacking points other than the chassis rails , and they are high!
Given the prospect of worst case scenario, I upgraded the weedy 4T bottle jack I used in my Discovery (about the same reach as the 2.5T Grenadier jack) to a 10T .

You never know when you might need to help a bus driver out.
Or change a caravan tyre.
I dislike hi lifts , although I've got one.

4T vs 10T.jpg

10T jack.jpg

Attachments

• 4T vs 10T.jpg
    4T vs 10T.jpg
    436.3 KB · Views: 4

Psignore00

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Thank you all! This was not for changing a tire. For that, I do like the larger bottle jack idea.

For Offroad emergencies/obstacles, I like you idea of the soft shackle on the recovery point. That seems more secure.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thank you all! This was not for changing a tire. For that, I do like the larger bottle jack idea.

For Offroad emergencies/obstacles, I like you idea of the soft shackle on the recovery point. That seems more secure.
On the rear, a Factor55 Hitchlink (or similar rated adapter) with a soft shackle or screw pin bow shackle works well as you get symmetrical lift; or one of our training favorites is the tree saver around the tire, that way you have less lifting because you don't need to worry about suspension droop

Local time
Reaction score
1) I always have 6-8 pieces of 4x4x16 cribbing in the back when offroad.

2) Where the lift point is destined with slots that hook is just fine. I would never use a soft shackle where the flat sheet steel edge or angles will have the load. Poly line should always make contact with a radius.

Jeffrey

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I've got one of these now. This is no ordinary scissor jack. My HiLift hasn't left the garage in years.

255/85

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Has anyone tried one of these on their Grenadier yet? Does it work with our bumpers?

View attachment 7848872

I have one of those adapters for a Hi-Lift jack. I bought it 30 years ago. I used it to set a jack stand in place under a front axle - once. Very sketchy. And, yes, the tire was still mounted.

255/85

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I've got one of these now. This is no ordinary scissor jack. My HiLift hasn't left the garage in years.

I've been looking at those. The videos are pretty reassuring. The price isn't bad either.

Back
Top Bottom