The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Hi from the Cascades

PowerfulUSUltd

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
7:18 AM
Reaction score
I am currently on a LR Disco5. I have mostly had pickups in the past but changed for overlanding. Love the outdoors but I don’t want to be that family with a group of toddlers breaking down mid hiking trail. So really doing it for my own sanity.

Main attraction to the Grenadier is the promise of open manuals and DIY abilities as a result of experience with my D5. The looks, colors, and options don’t hurt.

Lastly, hope to build a community once deliveries begin.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
5:18 AM
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, there seem to be a lot of Land Rover people here.... 

Open source manuals and parts lists are a real game changer, if you've seen the Land Rover or Jeep stuff then you know it leaves a lot to be desired. Let's hope they do as good of a job as they are indicating with the whole step by step procedural based technical literature.

PowerfulUSUltd

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I’ve paid my share to access Topix for LR mods. Day access is 40 USD and 600 for yearly. That’s for a single model year. Hopefully us early adaptors get grandfathered into access since I expect the benefit to go away when they build a large dealer network. 

PowerfulUSUltd

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
…and LR dealer rates are astronomical in high cost of living areas. Ineos is offering a 3 year warranty so this access is critical for alleviating my reliability fears.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
PowerfulUSUltd said:
I’ve paid my share to access Topix for LR mods. Day access is 40 USD and 600 for yearly. That’s for a single model year. Hopefully us early adaptors get grandfathered into access since I expect the benefit to go away when they build a large dealer network. 

I ‘obtained’ a bootleg copy from Eastern Europe for about $15 bucks. I cross referenced it to topic and it was very accurate. The parts listing is the real fly in the ointment. 

PowerfulUSUltd

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Looks like the western US is well represented. Should have some good meetups.

Local time
Reaction score
PowerfulUSUltd said:
Looks like the western US is well represented. Should have some good meetups.

Indeed. Our part of the world is without equal when it comes to off-roading and outdoors; makes sense that we navigate towards a vehicle like this.

Back
Top Bottom