The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Hi from Oz

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:54 PM
Reaction score
We’re based in Sydney and are lining up a Grenadier for overlanding use. 

Present vehicle is a 2016 Land Rover Discovery Sport, which has served us well including a circumnavigation from Vladivostok to San Francisco in 2019/20… before COVID rudely interrupted the fun.

Below is Disco at altitude in the Pamir Mountains of Tajikistan - specifically descending from the Kushgar Pass into the Wakhan Valley bordering Afghanistan.

If you’re up for a solid time-waste, heaps of photos from the expedition at the below web page.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
5:54 AM
Reaction score
Welcome Jonathon & Hannah, great photos on the website. I’m sure the Grenadier will fit right in with your plans ? 

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks Stu, roll on October plus delivery. Looking forward to fettling it.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
1:54 PM
Reaction score
I would prefer to get it dirty.

And welcome!

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
LOL Vorfreude ist die schönste Freude…There’s no bugs/breakages/washouts/insurgents in the driveway emax! ;-)

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:54 AM
Reaction score
Welcome, Jonathon and Hannah
What an amazing adventure you both have experienced and I hope that the Grenadier serves your next adventures well. Living in Australia in my sixties and having circumnavigated this wonderful country in the early eighties with my wife Lynne, we are now ready to venture into some territory we haven't been to.
Hopefully, this forum will allow us all to be able to cross paths in the future whether we are local or abroad.
I am interested that you mentioned October plus delivery?

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Max said:
Welcome, Jonathon and Hannah
What an amazing adventure you both have experienced and I hope that the Grenadier serves your next adventures well. Living in Australia in my sixties and having circumnavigated this wonderful country in the early eighties with my wife Lynne, we are now ready to venture into some territory we haven't been to.
Hopefully, this forum will allow us all to be able to cross paths in the future whether we are local or abroad.
I am interested that you mentioned October plus delivery?

Hi Max! Delighted to meet, and hopefully at some point in person. Where were you thinking of heading to?

“October plus delivery” was referring to the estimated build month reported against my order.

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Jonathon and Hannah,
Firstly congratulations on receiving your estimated build month, I have my confirmed order notification but have been waiting for the build month since last Saturday the 21st.

So as far as travels go it will be a wait and see but as I pointed out Lynne and I traveled around the rim of Australia and didn't go much for the middle because I surfed and fished for our dinner most days, saltwater is still in our blood as we are living on the Sunshine Coast in a village called Buderim north of Brisbane.

We are close to being free of commitments and will be looking forward to being travel flexible, in other words at the drop of a hat we could be where the action arises...Birdsville Races has always interested me and as I say if all lines up weather, road conditions, or whatever we can go.

Looking forward to all of that and meeting like-minded on the way. Lynne and I have family on the Central Coast [Blue Bay] north of you and do regular trips to see the Grand Children so maybe there could be a crossing of paths even before Grenadier time.

Go well,

Max

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That’s great Max! You should find your estimated build month by logging on to your account on the Ineos website and selecting ‘Orders’.

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks Jonathon, I did not even think to go there. The email telling me that I was order confirmed said that they would give me a build month in 24hrs.

I sat back waiting for another email...what a dill...thanks again, It's December my birthday month...good things come to those who wait, apparently.

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
You're welcome Max.  I haven't heard of any emails going out as yet so I'm presuming their production schedulers are thumbing the scales at present to achieve a distribution of early production vehicles across target markets.

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I will watch with interest to see your delivery date. I agree that they would want an even spread across those markets.

Back
Top Bottom