The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Hi from Melbourne

CD

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:27 AM
Reaction score
Hi all.Keenly awaiting the end of the year with an October 22 build date.

Cheers

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:27 PM
Reaction score
Welcome CD. Oct 22, you'll be one of the lucky ones to receive this year agw etc. What have you gone for?

CD

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
White diesel station wagon with just a few extras such as leather, alloys, side steps and tow bar. 

klaus

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Melbourne  as well with Oct Build date. Perhaps we run into each other when we pick it up ...
Trialmaster, MagicMushroom, Alloys.....

CD

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Klaus, nice spec. Have you reached out to Brighton Automotive? 

klaus

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
No. Haven't reached out yet, but should go there. I did not order bullbar, sidesteps hoping I could buy them from thedealer later without paying LCT.

Greg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:27 AM
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=klaus userid=8991715 postid=1332907853]No. Haven't reached out yet, but should go there. I did not order bullbar, sidesteps hoping I could buy them from thedealer later without paying LCT.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, no dealer fitted accessories on initial order.
1)  You should be able to get them from the dealer or after market when they may be a wider choice
2)  Don't want to pay LCT and Stamp Duty on a bullbar etc

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Also, if you are buying the car in a business name, it means that you can claim the full expense and GST back on them.
If you buy them with the IG at time of purchase, then you cannot claim any of the expense/GST back at all.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Welcome CD & Klaus.

FYI - I called Brighton Automotive 2 weeks ago.

The person responsible for the INEOS account is Frank, seems a nice guy and was informative.

He confirmed that they have an agent/principal relationship with INEOS.

However, at present they don't have access to the INEOS database of placed orders as yet although he expects this very soon.

So, for example, he didn't know my order number or any details of it.

cheers

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=Davman userid=8961117 postid=1332911785]Also, if you are buying the car in a business name, it means that you can claim the full expense and GST back on them.
If you buy them with the IG at time of purchase, then you cannot claim any of the expense/GST back at all.[/QUOTE]
Assuming you are in Australia you can claim GST back as a cost of business, dependent on how big your company is, quarterly or yearly. 
Your account will claim the LCT when he does your tax return the same way that he does FBT. Dependent on the amount of use claimed for business and personal use. They will also claim either mileage or depreciation again depending on business use. In theory accessories claimed afterwards can also be claimed as a percentage of use but can also be claimed as maintenance, consumables or costed against a job if you are creative. 

CD

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks Mark for the info on your call to Brighton Automotive. I will also reach out at some point for a chat.

Re: tax and note from DaveB. Am keen to understand where the LCT ruling with ATO is at, and what Ineos expect the timeline to be. Going to be unfortunate if unresolved at point contract issued for signature.  

Greg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
While tax maybe charged at the time that the contract is executed, my concern was that at the time of signing the contract you do not know the price of the vehicle you are signing up for.

So i asked re the progress of their application for a LCT exemption. The response i got re LCT was...

"We are still in negotiations with the ATO to get LCT removed. We are seeing that this will be done before customers are invited to sign their contracts."

Email: Sat 25/06/2022 2:17 PM

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Regards the application for Australian LCT exemption - based on the numbers from the Grenadier it would seem to satisfy the specific weight carrying test applied to determine the exemption from LCT, however, under the tax provisions the ATO can, in it's assessment as to whether LCT applies, take into account other aspects of the vehicle, (e.g. marketing information and sales presentations etc.).

if I had to choose, I reckon it's more likely than not a LCT exemption ruling will be granted. However, from personal experience in the tax space - I am assuming worst case and LCT applying to the Grenadier and hopefully will be pleasantly surprised.

Justin Hocevar, INEOS Automotive Head of APAC, has confirmed a few days ago that the LCT exemption application is still being assessed by the ATO but he hopes to receive a response by end of July/early August.

Local time
11:27 AM
Reaction score
Hi….I have placed an order deposit on a Fieldmaster with additions.
i currently drive  Discovery 5 3l diesel towing a 9m off road Zone RV caravan.
Melbourne based but currently touring far Nth Queensland.
July 2023 build date, so quite a wait! 

CD

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hi all, just as an update i used the online chat function on the ineos website today to make some minor changes to my order. The agent was helpful, i provided very specific detail of what i wanted to delete/add (ie codes etc), and waited on the chat until i received an email with case reference number requesting i reply confirming the modifications requested (listed in their email). 

Specifically asked if i should expect to receive anything else with regard to the order changes, or will they just be what comes through with contract 6 weeks before build. Answer was changes have been requested and will be made and confirmed once contract is ready, and not to worry if do not hear anything…

While waiting on the chat for email etc i asked a couple of other questions. 
- Estimate delivery 2-3 months after build date
- Update on LCT - should have answer in July.

Cheers

Local time
11:27 AM
Reaction score
Many thx…I need to make some minor changes to my order & will follow yr process lead.

Mumblepants

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
According to a chat I had, LCT is applicable on 5 Seat variants as they are considered passenger vehicles. the Commercial vehicle are exempt from LCT.. shame because my Trialmaster config will jump $11,000…

Back
Top Bottom