The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Hi From East Arnhem in the NT (Aus)

Local time
2:18 AM
Reaction score
G’day,

I’ve been following the IG since it was first announced, 

We live in a fairly remote part of the Northern Territory, 

I am Under strict instructions I’m not allowed to place an order until my better half has physically sat and driven one. Much to my displeasure, but happy wife… happy life.

So I’m very much looking forward to hearing the reports from others as they get their IG, and can’t wait till a demo car is available for test drive at the Darwin Dealer. 
Very excited about where this vehicle is Heading however!
Wes.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:18 PM
Reaction score
Welcome aboard Wes.

She will get plenty of non-bitumen work up there!

A daily driver, off road fun, overlanding or some other combo?

Local time
Reaction score
Thanks Mark,

Yes there isn’t much bitumen up these parts at all!

It would be a Daily driver/overland vehicle, 

My previous 4wd was stolen and torched up these parts, and I’m not convinced with the 300 series, and a 79 series is just so uncomfortable particularly for family car.

Basically to get out of Arnhem you have to travel 600km plus on the Central Arnhem Highway (dirt road) which can get pretty rough, pretty quick.

I’m a tad nervous with the BMW B57 engine, but as far as I can see, would not be much different to the other diesels (increasingly smaller engine’s with heaps of electronics) 

I’m really impressed with all the other aspects of the vehicle I’m viewed read for now.

cheswick

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Welcome Wes,

Keen to hear how you fair up there - you will definitely be one of the most remote Grenadiers for some time!

Haven't been to Arnhem Land but I gather the only bitumen is at the airport?

Mumblepants

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
G’day Wes, 

there’s a link somewhere in this forum (I can’t remember how I stumbled across it) argh…
to drop a pin on Google earth, along with all the other Grenadier owners includes service locations and dealerships too. It’s pretty cool looking where everyone is. 

Your place might be the most remote! Found it!! 
https://www.theineosforum.com/post/grunt-the-grenadier-user-network-12393226

cheers 

Local time
Reaction score
G’day Chiswick,

Yes mate, only bitumen is from the airport into town (Nhulunbuy) roughly 20km stretch and that’s it.

98% Toyota “Country” up here 

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
7:18 AM
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=Mumblepants userid=9025143 postid=1333064065]there’s a link somewhere in this forum (I can’t remember how I stumbled across it) argh…
to drop a pin on Google earth, along with all the other Grenadier owners includes service locations and dealerships too. It’s pretty cool looking where everyone is. 

Your place might be the most remote! Found it!! 
https://www.theineosforum.com/post/grunt-the-grenadier-user-network-12393226[/QUOTE]

And now your pin is there as well. :)
Thank you for joining!

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Welcome, Wes! I’ll be up your way week after next.  Looking forward to seeing a Grenadier on the roads around Gove!

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:18 PM
Reaction score
Welcome Wes!
I took my wife with me to the Ineos SE Qld "Drive Day" back in February. She decided to sit in the rear seat and was most impressed at the comfort over rocky ground and  corrugations.  Much more comfortable by far, than our former 1999 P38 Range Rover  with air suspension!!
The Grenadier's rough road performance reminded me of the very first  Range Rovers our section had as CSIRO field vehicles in early 70s....long travel progressive rate coil springs and seat cushioning in sync. with the suspension which made field trips a pleasure...

cheswick

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=DenisM userid=8875352 postid=1333097428]
The Grenadier's rough road performance reminded me of the very first  Range Rovers our section had as CSIRO field vehicles in early 70s....long travel progressive rate coil springs and seat cushioning in sync. with the suspension which made field trips a pleasure...[/QUOTE]

Wow, they spared no expense over at CSIRO, meanwhile in the ADF ?

Attachments

• AA60D1C8-888E-4F1F-B718-2C2800E27095.jpeg
    AA60D1C8-888E-4F1F-B718-2C2800E27095.jpeg
    64.4 KB · Views: 12

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:18 PM
Reaction score
??? only some "lucky" CSIRO folk had sufficient in their budget...the others had S2 LandRovers, Dodge trucks, Holden Ute's etc. 

Back
Top Bottom