The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Hi from Canberra, Australia

Mules

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:15 PM
Reaction score
G'day folks,

Long-time enthusiastic Ineos Automotive 'observer' and early reservation holder. Build date evidently October this year, factoring in the delay (not holding my breath).

Thanks to the Admins who have set-up and continue to run this forum. It's something most of us wouldn't do, but benefit from.

I have a long association with rugged 4x4's used for purposes as varied as mineral exploration, to military use. Was disappointed that INEOS didn't quite meet their payload target, nor offer a long range fuel tank. However, my beloved 110 (pictured) is getting on in years and doesn't quite meet the needs of a young family. I am very optimistic that the Grenadier will rise to the challenge.

Recently moved on a Series 1 Land Rover (1954 86-inch), as well as a 1993 HZJ80R Land Cruiser. Miss them both sorely, but Grenadiers don't grow on trees....

Cheers, Mules

Attachments

• Landy-min.png
    Landy-min.png
    5 MB · Views: 10

Mules

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Cheers Denis! That is a long time away. It is certainly a beautiful region, sadly just undermined by ever-growing numbers of people.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:45 AM
Reaction score
Welcome from Germany

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
9:45 AM
Reaction score
Another welcome from Germany :)

> Germany is in the blood also

Nice to hear. (y)

Mules

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
As you say Grenadiers do not grow on trees but I feel for you, having let the series go...I am still clutching my 1959 series II here on the Sunshine Coast Queensland cheers Mules
Thanks Max, she sounds great hold on to her!!! .... Would love a Series II or IIA. Fortunately I can hold on to the Tdi....

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:45 AM
Reaction score
I am not quite the purist of old Land Rover owners, I have power steering plus a 300Tdi under the bonnet and I can drive it with ease.
It also has a 4-speed synchro box and a little PBR booster for the brakes, so yes it goes hard and can stop. You would understand, the old girls aren't that easy to move around but with these mods I can have a daily drive. Good for you to hang on to the Tdi...cheers

Mules

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I am not quite the purist of old Land Rover owners, I have power steering plus a 300Tdi under the bonnet and I can drive it with ease.
It also has a 4-speed synchro box and a little PBR booster for the brakes, so yes it goes hard and can stop. You would understand, the old girls aren't that easy to move around but with these mods I can have a daily drive. Good for you to hang on to the Tdi...cheers
A 300tdi and synchro box on a Series II - brilliant! It must fly about fairly well I would think... what a great daily. Yes the old girls aren't for the faint of heart on the open road in their original configuration. Mind you the 2.25 petrol that had replaced the original in my Series I moved her pretty well actually, I think it got up to speed faster than the Defender... of course top speed wasn't much. Cheers

Back
Top Bottom