The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Hi from Bamberg / Germany

Sebastian

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
10:38 AM
Reaction score
Hi everybody,

I'm Sebastian from Germany and I've been following the forum for a while now. So time to introduce myself / my soon to have...I made a reservation for the Grenadier in October and turned it into an order last week (Fieldmaster, Diesel engine, britannia blue, diff.locks,  - never imagined to buy a blue car, but my wife liked it best and the dealer sent me some photos where the britannia blue looked almost black. However the colour can still be changed without delaying the delivery, that's what the dealer told me).
However a must is to test drive before signing the contract. The dealer could not promise this but he was sure that Ineos will come up with a solution for this - whatever this will look like. We'll see...
The IG is supposed to replace my recently retired MB 250GD ("Wolf") which I mainly used for hunting (although not needed for this?) and my BMW X1 (x20d) which is our familiy car (too small now). For city driving there is a Mini electric, so I like the (possible) future setup with the IG (hunting + trips / everything outside the city) and a Mini SE. Two british cars in the garage - another thing I could not imagine a while ago ? 
Happy to be here, looking forward to reading many posts and of course how things will evolve with the IG....

Best
Seb

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:38 PM
Reaction score
Hello Seb,

I understand that the PTO3 versions of the Grenadier will be provided to dealers to enable potential customer to test drive.

The PTO2 will be available in July but unsure if you can only be a passenger in this version.

The PTO 3 should likely be available only be a month or so later - so maybe early September for a test drive with your hands on the steering wheel!

Sebastian

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Mark,

Thanks. I've already enjoyed a ride on the passenger seat, but I think this one was still a prototype (build date was mid '21). My delivery month is October '22 and as I read it they might ask for signing the contract 60 days ahead, which would be August. In case a test drive would not be possible before signing I would ask for a later production slot. I'm not really worried about the quality and offroad capabilities but since this will be our car for holiday trips / longer rides ("long" here means distances up to 500km ?) I'm looking for a car that has "ok" street qualities (I am aware that the IG will not drive like a current X3 (same engine) or a G wagon, but I would like to have a bit of comfort driving). It's hard to put it in words and I can't really say what the minimum comfort would be like, so I just have to drive it myself. So hopefully I don't have to ask for a later production date, maybe that's not even possible and I would have to queue at the end of the line (which I do not want either....)

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
11:38 AM
Reaction score
Hallo Sebastian,

servus aus dem Odenwald nach Bamberch :)

Sebastian

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hallo emax,,

servus zurück - we're almost neighbours it seems (at least in the context of this global community) ?

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:38 AM
Reaction score
@emax What´s your production date?
What does "Odenwald" mean?

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
> we're almost neighbours it seems (at least in the context of this global community)

Not only globally.

- My home (hobby-) airport is Aschaffenburg, which is in "Franken"(30 Km from my house).
- I once worked for a project in Nuremberg for three months (for Siemens at "Richter und Frenzel") , which is in Franken as well.
- I once passed all my pilot exams (you have to pass six of them) at Nuremberg Airport.
- And my motorbike-manufacturer "Sommer" is in Mittelfranken, I'll be there mid of July: "motorradmanufaktur.de".
- next week I'll spend two days in Bad-Kissingen at the "Abenteuer & Allrad" fair to see the Grenadier and other fun stuff.

You see, Franken a part of my life :) It's so to say my extended living-room: I love the "Fränkische Schweiz" and I appreciate very much the food, the beer and the people as well.

But the latter ones took a while to understand (not only by means of language but in particular by means of mind-set) ;-)

Kurzum:  basst scho!  ?

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=rovie userid=8990308 postid=1332806132]@emax What´s your production date?
What does "Odenwald" mean?[/QUOTE]

No production date, I haven't yet ordered. I'll not spend 70k Euro for something I haven't seen in the flesh. And my wife would likely kill me otherwise.

The Odenwald (literally "Odin-Forest") is a region south-south-east of Frankfurt and is surrounded by the rivers Rhine, Main and Neckar.  The legend says, that the "Nibelungen" as the tribe of the Epic Hero Sigurd have lived in the Odenwald. Richard Wagner, which is strongly connected to "Bayreuth" nearby where Sebastian comes from, had written a quadrinomial Opera about the Nibelungs "Der Ring der Nibelungen". It is an epic work nine hours long, and famous in the world. It took Wagner 26 years to complete this work.

If you have seen "Apocalypse Now", you might know the soundtrack "The Valkyrie Ride". This is from Wagner. Imagine a nine hour Opera of such a musical power.

On the north-west corner of the Odenwald is the city of "Darmstadt", which is known as the "City of Science" and the Technical University, but also for  the European Space Agency, ESA, which  amongst others controls the "Ariane" rockets and a lot of satellites.

And at the south-west corner is Heidelberg, which is a famous city e.g. in the US, and maybe in Australia as well.

45 Years ago, I studied at the University of Darmstadt, and live in the Odenwald, about 18 Km south-east of Darmstadt and 60 Km north-north-east of Heidelberg.

And "Franken", where Sebastian comes from, is just the eastern neighbor of the Odenwald.

You see, I am strongly connected to my "Heimat".  :)

Ovrland Bill

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
2:38 AM
Reaction score
Will all these places be in the Grenadier’s navigation database??

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
When the time comes, any German in this forum can help with this. And for me, it would be a pleasure. :)

Back
Top Bottom