The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Hi Everybody from Chriscroft in Lincolnshire UK,

chriscroft

Production/Transit
Local time
11:02 AM
Reaction score
I'm getting close 🤞🤞🤞 now to being a proud owner of a Grenadier SW 5 seats. Jan 23 build date according to the dealership.....So it may already exist 😱and I've yet to tell my wife, really, any suggestions on how I do this will be very welcomed.
How and I,ve spent £250 with the government on a private number-plate

Please say hello to the virtual or maybe even real GR13 ADR

N4IgpgdgbglgTgewgW0gFxALlDAJlkAZQgQHcAbAQwnwF8AaEAY0tTkqx30xACFCA+gGEkAMxgBzAQFEAHmgEB2EA2ZjJnEHgIBxAAwBmAIIhGCAA5oYSAM6am6iVgDaIAFoCAjACYAasOkAOQAVACVpAD4ASQAFE0YPIyEhaUJBABkjABEs6VCI3yMAVVN3AWyBXnSiyKzCXlLErKNCCIEADQFG8qz-KJC8qIB5UIF0qJ0ACWD+nWj0hoTyqNGhAE0hdKHA4XTpI0C8ts7ug5mBYMnpADFgiODgxbKWwijCYIOUrwiioyfEortKLjIyhNaVIwPPJrArNU6A4FRUHgwgAdSiwSEk14oJ+RnSp3a0gEhEmQ180nSlVCSQA0tJggJQkMhtcmXTjl0lrwovThKDQlE8kyWddOd1eEMsuDgmsYpEOlyyrwiukqTj8orukJQTohhDQoLhYFPNFgtJtbr9dcaQBZYmEVmMnWBIYxGFapY60J6gS2g5GHRHT1lFIhcLCbaOvbRIxrbVXIT00YxTLmwQ27aM65BXKhVohjybF5Ra5RHUzbYRHR-bVDNVGGIZIo6GtBgQjOa+IS2uu2uJpALh4lCKP1yLDKLaoqhD79ZahHFzKKonTata8YWEaRCGcYmG-ACK3SyQu3VNRkK30jiNOCI3FS1P1zZWyTAkzISZ+3yOXiZSyGlUWFWkMRJVFHwAwUKWrOEn2g4lpR2U0shrE8EIEJCBG8CJmn-DxAKiClMLWHYDFw3J0KIxDSIEAAWCjrio4isIAVgo-5MIwrCADZcLiboR3xdIIjSC0lkpHcBHRQIsiGVEP2ZEIImkVFOMkoRpP6OSFPCXFVIJCTAh0fpIiDIRBMCSZPmkLIZHtH0gnWUTCFCQT2mzfZghnYlTWkNZ4wkjyPy8nzsJU658JkYLximRkGPSGl3MZWLpgEAAOCJ0kmCygpSiY0oATiy651OC20VmZUZSUbSJpFtAApZK-UqkZWnqqc8pJWVxmMyopRha4YjKxl3jWXqdEwllNROLqxomsZsjzG0jHtCJrkPQhmvm2YBFdbdII8aRgp2vqYmBTJVmZNJDui0aet25lWXWmJaUEtZJMZGZEPkwIC1msoywjY6ZmMoo3iufIGUmbprkySacVQ1ICnq2GthGP1IUEb15TuQsP3R0Z-WCQRQiKXhN3yCkmqWOHpouQVbQiBqPlhpTGRVfsjmkXgmNp9mpoxwh5SMZNoltPnAYFmSsVuz9GRlyYBBicIYjlmoqQ+QJaWV5lzSEStAlumtBBVt0DmJMl0jzY3VXSGTJpknTbquK87KqeTKhhHIYaWV3zTsp3PcvUkVNRX2ykmKIBAauk-SGIoQl23gaSTBkXaGW16yGGtDcx0J6TuNwjCiyZCk04o7iiazujLpJvxtCY8jOXDCCybooltLOeXGbd8geXKyn6c1BQx00GsXDuBlH0Ywk75ngnbpYGryMF+R2LPE9BybCDWd56tu2k41F+Ot5j4QaRyGN8aPtYT83r9CCWvZ-qVDxaUOYkjBWJdbsyUldomjNEvMoCx+Q+n1GSIYOtTT4zAW+I+VQFQAw8HsOyqUOagkUlmP+5YgjbmVmmOqOpuhbAqMLJIxJbwzDzocO4vhbikKGOQ+8TY-7MLsu8GkbC4EcOTnGdh2R+HghzJCHyr8mFCL6jiGU5NBGnmMjIg07Ckx-D2GMPh0i4yRgpDNN+Gi+rjBzAIMkoQjZwJbG2Yk4RzRJ22HtdO+NbSeHAb6DURo9HdFZDaTCpY2Rm0ZEMYEMQBBBlBLwW63jmQVGfP4vWO5syzkiS+aJdlYm6yGPrRkhpkmZgqAEhJwxzEoI7CkjhAhE55kFLkDJWSimRPlIENRVCLbpHaqiN6Sw4jvhiPJI4MQYiDw8N0nWASvB6BUm4EBwy45jM8H5NwgRugjNqd8PInEVljJwnkaZytZl6wEAYPySRln7MyYc7Zbghl7J6Qcgw5FpBuBpmUTZdyGL41eecgw7EPlnMZAYPivzblfMULdT5-zMpAtGXc4qULVkPM3Kc4FjI+IMjcl00EoE+rbj+m1bBylfhRXOkmIoISg66R-GCop0hhTXHrAoyaRhBj4lPspD5aY6WhFtJGMxwoU50gZBIrpIwFb9Flh8vpqxti6JHmCyVhCWwXDlMg-RKsiJJHBDof+Qqyg0jeLZBcAhh6ixVd0PSow5IPh0JPJY5rBbVRFmLTuuy7X+1mNEHKZqfxaVkp7NEGJZad3Erqn8vghQKR1A5IweI1y2p3OSaEAhQJ4xKeEUcuiZSp1pLdJ6bINRJoxDm0U7J3z2wifjXNJadbtDLcrIoRbWQXDdK4-Ukp2i3UIJ4UW0b8ZPxzLKSMtoeS-zSMeJYfaGSZqRMZGMaQhjdAnQOik7wXJLPHV5HReQMxJN7Ru9NW6mSePXZCExXl3VvElh4bcJ7ibMpEm8edx7snes3IEQNoRrnXufVgh9ZZ21vE6mUL9JJpAUmKfor9m50j-OiLwT9O49wDoQTpHYOokEdqiDUowqJAjut7ZhqhBy9VtIwzU-eISyaBEOFTbDC6VhRCKIIdoTNe2gRJK6NSzDQh2W9B4kUz1WOYcIVebdODBN2VTCJ78uIKTBAXVnZMNzs29qzpkyYEQBluAXUMNOjIfD+DIQyiEHoSmOl014PwDNE7ZtiGOoDcRcgdtvMScONKqS8aFFDOC9nQQuauJSXYq0KPFqzU53z0l-PuazN-ajBQjC+AXY64UpLrXZFNeO3pwQMHUgFdkkLHJe0fFnN1N0rcor70GH1U0K4I5Xoetigj7U1idKAzOUqXGeMCk8x2xjjTXhViEE-bowQAC0hAtjZjAsmv0gKSkfCQR+elzSChCEAx4fWSscQENlPKCIJdOLfSmjhpksxWgMKiveFsSsR56qNgMmIw3Pb+WRgyYN635K7Xlrde8DtpNQ0eI937u995MwZGthmBxCAVTSPUnQrMlhhG0VHTEm3eTWIK3NxmYxQOUh1etyjOtTxhptvjWU4RWhqRKEsSp14T3vBGIGaxlL8aMd4CB0cskRQQViLVipMxxgDuIwUIa3QZVNt+8PPIkUUgqWCGusormAsILO1keXHhFckbUseAAurQVQ1AYDIEoFYWwLhddAA

Last edited:

joejet

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Welcome and congratulations on the Grenadier, I wish you all the luck in the world with your upcoming divorce.

Good Luck.

PS maybe you can say it’s a 2013 landrover you got a great deal as it had been customized, borrow a wet muddy dog to get rid of the new car smell!

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:02 PM
Reaction score
You should tell your almost ex-wife that you bought the sidesteps especially for her, so that she can climb easily in the car, perhaps she will come back :unsure:

I forgot the sidesteps, and am wondering how long my relationship will last, although she knows I ordered the car, but never climbed in it, and she is a quite small woman. :eek:

joejet

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
You should tell your almost ex-wife that you bought the sidesteps especially for her, so that she can climb easily in the car, perhaps she will come back :unsure:

I forgot the sidesteps, and am wondering how long my relationship will last, although she knows I ordered the car, but never climbed in it, and she is a quite small woman. :eek:
I’m in the same situation, I ordered the rocksliders thinking you might be able to use them as a step… Nope. at least they are dealer fit (not welded) so I have to buy the steps and bolt them on myself.

jamesfielding

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I’m in the same situation, I ordered the rocksliders thinking you might be able to use them as a step… Nope. at least they are dealer fit (not welded) so I have to buy the steps and bolt them on myself.
I think this has been covered but I got the impression the steps are the same material as the sliders so possibly the steps can do the same job from a “protection” point of view?

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:02 PM
Reaction score
I think this has been covered but I got the impression the steps are the same material as the sliders so possibly the steps can do the same job from a “protection” point of view?
While they’re both tubular steel, the steps attach with a lighter duty fitting.
The rocksliders, with a more robust construction, can be used as a jacking point.
I recall the rocksliders tipping the scales at 50kg, I wonder if another member has a weight for the steps? Perhaps this would give a sense.
From a mechanical perspective, as the name suggests the rocksliders allow the vehicle to belly across a rampover obstacle.
Not sure I’d try that with the steps…

jamesfielding

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The rocksliders, with a more robust construction, can be used as a jacking point.
I recall the rocksliders tipping the scales at 50kg, I wonder if another member has a weight for the steps? Perhaps this would give a sense.
From a mechanical perspective, as the name suggests the rocksliders allow the vehicle to belly across a rampover obstacle.
That’s a good idea. I think price point wise in the UK they were similar in cost.

acwiltshire

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
7:02 AM
Reaction score
Welcome from another yellowbelly. I took the plunge hoping for a 2022 del as predicted so bought MY22 GRN . Hey ho no sign of delivery - when did you order - me May 19th Fieldmaster

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:02 PM
Reaction score
Suggestion: Ask the dealer if they'll order the side runners for you and swap them over for the sliders... they're sure to sell the sliders to another customer who wants to mod their Grenadier!

joejet

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Suggestion: Ask the dealer if they'll order the side runners for you and swap them over for the sliders... they're sure to sell the sliders to another customer who wants to mod their Grenadier!
I have thought about that but I do prefer the rockslider look, maybe someone will make a foldable step I can bolt to the rockslider or chassis, I will wait and see if its an issue first.
there is always the small plastic step option!

chriscroft

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
Welcome from another yellowbelly. I took the plunge hoping for a 2022 del as predicted so bought MY22 GRN . Hey ho no sign of delivery - when did you order - me May 19th Fieldmaster
You're probably around 15 miles away as the crow flies or across muddy farmers' fields.

I think the issue Ineos have is the emissions of cars (Belsatff's) and average emissions diluted by the commercials (Station wagons) which have a greater allowable average (Co2 max)
So in the EU and UK (we still haven't repealed the EU regs on this matter) Ineos can't deliver a Belstaff until they've delivered so many Station Wagons so that the averages work out against the thresholds.
Ineos underlying issue is they don't make economical small cars & electric cars; so in the EU & UK , they are really up against it to get averages below a threshold. They can break the thresholds and pay substantial fines; that's what Lamagini do, but their list price is a bit more than Ineos's £60k, so a bit tricky financially for Ineos.
So your best bet to get you Belsatff quickly is to encourage others in Europe to buy Station Wagons.

As I understand it, but I could be wrong:unsure:

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Maybe this article helps to understand the problem with CO2 reduction. In short, as long as Ineos sells less than 10.000 cars or 22.000 light commercial vehicles within the European Union they do not have to pay a „CO2-fine“

Last edited:

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Here is the translation from deepl.com. Ineos is mentioned in one of the last paragraphs

There is an exemption for small-volume car manufacturers to meet European emissions regulations.

As part of the "Fit for 55" negotiations, the EU has not only decided on the de facto phase-out of combustion engines, but also an extension of the deadline for small-volume manufacturers. A corresponding amendment now allows the reduction of CO2 emissions until 2035 and no longer until 2030 as originally planned. Here, a reduction in CO2 emissions of 55 percent compared to 1990 comes into effect.

The deadline change affects those manufacturers who sell less than 10,000 passenger cars or 22,000 light commercial vehicles per calendar year in Europe. Generally exempted are car manufacturers with less than 1,000 models per year. The wording of the amendment:

"In view of the higher overall greenhouse gas emission reduction targets and in order to avoid potential market distorting effects, the reduction requirements should be aligned for all manufacturers present on the Union market, except for those responsible for less than 1,000 new vehicles registered in a calendar year. Consequently, the possibility for manufacturers responsible for between 1 000 and 10 000 passenger cars or between 1 000 and 22 000 light commercial vehicles newly registered in a calendar year to apply for a derogation from their specific emissions targets from 2036 onwards should no longer exist."

This decision taken is seen as a concession to Italy, which months before the "Fit for 55" negotiations was already promoting this derogation for small series manufacturers and originally wanted to push for an extension until 2040. Last but not least, the current Italian Minister of the Environment Roberto Cingolani and former non-executive director at Ferrari stated that the changeover would be a challenge for Ferrari and Co. as the companies allegedly can hardly use economies of scale.

The extension of the deadline is also seen as a success for the European Small Volume Car Manufacturers Alliance (ESCA), which includes McLaren, Aston Martin, Pagani, Bugatti, Ineos, Rimac, Koenigsegg but also Wiesmann, Alpina and Donckervoort. ESCA argues that these small-series manufacturers build vehicles that have a significantly longer life cycle and have a limited impact on emissions than a large-series manufacturer due to the small numbers involved.

Lamborghini has already announced plans to reduce CO2 emissions by 50 per cent by 2025 and to fully hybridise its model range by 2024. After 2025, the first electric model will be a Gran Turismo. Ferrari's first electric model will also be launched in 2025.

Jeremy996

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
7:02 AM
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
I've ordered a N1 5 seat station wagon, again via Chandler's of Belton and I'm in Melton Mowbray, in Blue with a White roof, (I'm red/green colourblind, so your picture looked much like mine to me). Mine will be registered with the plate I salvaged off my old LR110CSW, JEZ699.

Last edited:

chriscroft

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
I've ordered a N1 5 seat station wagon, again via Chandler's of Belton and I'm in Melton Mowbray, in Blue with a White roof, (I'm red/green colourblind, so your picture looked much like mine to me). Mine will be registered with the plate a slavaged off my old LR110CSW, JEZ699.
In 1993 we bought a new 110CSW 200tdi from the dealer in Melton TMS; it was one of the very first Metalic OE defender a, light metallic Burgundy colour, 12 seater. What a truck, white roof , white wheels wow. Mines coming from Chandlers at Horncastle.

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:02 PM
Reaction score
Ah yes, question answered in the accessories catalogue: side steps 26kg, rockslides 51kg.

Back
Top Bottom