The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Hello from the 00

MaddMatt

Reservation Holder
Local time
8:16 AM
Reaction score
Hi Everybody

Another Colorado reservation holder checking in - Louisville, (just outside of Boulder) the "00" is a local nickname...

New to this forum, but you can find me on TheNewX and Expedition Portal under the same user name.

I held off on making my reservation official for a long time, as what I really need is a truck, but too many reviews from around the world, all saying what I want to hear, so I finally put my money down. We'll see if a truck is available when my number finally comes up.

Will be replacing a tried and true Xterra Pro-4X, which honestly has a lot of the same basic features (live axles, electric rear locker, stadium seating, manual seats but with heat, etc...) but can't wait for the Grenadier to get to this country.
-Matt

MaddMatt

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
Welcome!
Whats an xTerra Pro?
Nissan Xterra with the "offroad" package - came stock with a 269hp V6, stadium seating, no-nonsense interior (manual seats, but with heat) shift on the fly locking center diff, electronic locking rear diff, 32" tires, Offroad lights (mounted on the roof). I added sliders and a rear ladder.... honestly I would argue its as much a spiritual predecessor of the Grenadier as the FJ's, Landrovers, etc... that usually get mentioned.

Also - very reliable- do the services on time and never have to think about it
XCB.jpg

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:16 PM
Reaction score
Nissan Xterra with the "offroad" package - came stock with a 269hp V6, stadium seating, no-nonsense interior (manual seats, but with heat) shift on the fly locking center diff, electronic locking rear diff, 32" tires, Offroad lights (mounted on the roof). I added sliders and a rear ladder.... honestly I would argue its as much a spiritual predecessor of the Grenadier as the FJ's, Landrovers, etc... that usually get mentioned.

Also - very reliable- do the services on time and never have to think about it
View attachment 7806579
Looks a nice bit of kit. As far as I’m aware we don’t get those in the u.k.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:16 AM
Reaction score
Looks a nice bit of kit. As far as I’m aware we don’t get those in the u.k.
They ruled it out for Australia as well because the RHD version is only a 2 litre
Possibly get the updated version in 2025
I just noticed as well that it was a US designed and built vehicle, although initially also built in China, Mexico and Brazil

1679252030650.png

Last edited:

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:16 PM
Reaction score
My sister lives in Minnesota she has a Nissan Armarda, is that similar? I drove that over to Rapid City a few years ago. It goes alright on the free way. I can’t comment on the handling as even though we drove for about 13 hours there was only one corner..

RoyalWulff

Reservation Holder
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Everybody

Another Colorado reservation holder checking in - Louisville, (just outside of Boulder) the "00" is a local nickname...

New to this forum, but you can find me on TheNewX and Expedition Portal under the same user name.

I held off on making my reservation official for a long time, as what I really need is a truck, but too many reviews from around the world, all saying what I want to hear, so I finally put my money down. We'll see if a truck is available when my number finally comes up.

Will be replacing a tried and true Xterra Pro-4X, which honestly has a lot of the same basic features (live axles, electric rear locker, stadium seating, manual seats but with heat, etc...) but can't wait for the Grenadier to get to this country.
-Matt
Welcome Matt. Where “outside of Boulder” are you?

MaddMatt

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
My sister lives in Minnesota she has a Nissan Armarda, is that similar? I drove that over to Rapid City a few years ago. It goes alright on the free way. I can’t comment on the handling as even though we drove for about 13 hours there was only one corner..
Armada is much bigger & fancier, more of a luxury "bring the whole family and the boat" kind of vehicle - Xterra is more utilitarian, off-road oriented.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:16 AM
Reaction score
I think the Armada is now the same truck as the Patrol elsewhere in the world. The trim levels are probably different and the US version is more plush than push I’d bet.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
3:16 PM
Reaction score
Welcome Matt!

the "00" is a local nickname...
In Germany, just for your information, "00" is an abbreviation for a toilet.

The origin of this designation comes from old hotels that had only one communal toilet on each floor: It had the room number '00'. :cool:

00.jpg

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
3:16 PM
Reaction score
No surprise. It's a very German thing.

by the way: The '00' picture above contains a pun: "Sitzungsraum". This means "Meeting room" or "Conference Room".

But if you translate it literally it is "sitting room". ;-)

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
10:16 AM
Reaction score
I always thought they are a variation of the Nissan Pathfinder but clearly yours is far more off road orientated with the locking diffs. The pathfinder was never very good off road though, adequate for most things but when things got a little more testing, it was game over.

MaddMatt

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
I always thought they are a variation of the Nissan Pathfinder but clearly yours is far more off road orientated with the locking diffs. The pathfinder was never very good off road though, adequate for most things but when things got a little more testing, it was game over.
Honestly I like it so much I bought two - they didn't sell well, relatively speaking, in North America, but here in Colorado there is at least one other one at every stop light. Great vehicles for this area, but I'm thinking the Grenadier will be a worthy improvement.

Back
Top Bottom