The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Hello from Sydney

Local time
12:48 AM
Reaction score
G'day,

Been keenly watching the development of the IG, since first announced. Would love to shout a beer to Sir 'Jimmy' Ratcliffe in the Grenadier Hotel one day to express my sincere thanks for sticking it up Land Rover, following the 'new' Defender!

I have placed an order and am patiently waiting in line for my White Trialmaster - kept accessories to the minimum, except for the factory winch and wiring.

Will be sad to sell my belovered 2001 Defender 110 (owned it since 2002), but the time is drawing near for a new start.

My only lingering 'concerns' with the IG relate to:
- B57 cooling and and longevity in hot environments, especially when towing
- fuel range - 90lts is not enough for remote travel in Oz
- limited opportunity (at the moment) for long range tanks

Anyway, I hope that this 'meeting place' is cordial with lots of good humour.

Regards,
Tim.

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Tim - Welcome.
I raised the transmission cooler issue with Ineos, as I too intend for the IG to be a tow rig.
They assured me that this has been considered and more than adequate cooling for both the engine and the transmission have been included.

Last edited:
Local time
Reaction score
Tim - Welcome.
I raised the transmission cooler issue with Ineos, as too intend for the IG to be a tow rig.
They assured me that this has been considered and more than adequate cooling for both the engine and the transmission have been included.
Thanks Davman - would love to know what mods Ineos asked of BMW following their hot weather testing to the B57/B58.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:48 PM
Reaction score
Will be sad to sell my belovered 2001 Defender 110 (owned it since 2002), but the time is drawing near for a new start.

Welcome, I'm curious what you will miss most from your Defender; and what you are most looking forward to leaving behind?

Local time
Reaction score
Welcome, I'm curious what you will miss most from your Defender; and what you are most looking forward to leaving behind?
My Defender is well kitted out - pop top camper, 130litres of fuel, 60 litre water, upgraded driveline with lockers, stronger axles, propshafts, trailing arms etc etc - 20+ years of getting it how we want it. I also ripped out the Td5 and replaced it with an Isuzu 4BD1T which makes it super reliable, albeit no speed machine.

My wife and I travelled around Oz for 12 months in the Defender and it really is part of the 'family.' This is a BIG decision for us!!!

Looking forward to a quieter, more comfortable ride....I'm getting a bit older now! I also no longer have the time to keep tinkering and maintaining a 20+ year old vehicle.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:48 PM
Reaction score
Thanks ~ sounds like you did quite a lot of work to customise it to your requirements.

I don't think the Grenadier will let you down in terms of being quieter and more comfortable.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:48 AM
Reaction score
Welcome!

Since your Defender is so kitted out, how have you spec'd your Grenadier?

Back
Top Bottom